Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > The Starting Point > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions Welcome to the Power Hungry Performance Forum. We're glad that you're here! Start a new thread and tell us a little about yourself!

PLEASE POST TECHNICAL and/or SUPPORT QUESTIONS in the APPROPRIATE SECTION of the FORUM

Old Sat, October 24th, 2020, 12:50 AM
Grown-up in training!

ticopowell will become famous soon enough
Default Hi Again

So, Since we have officially resurrected this forum from the dead, I figured I should do an intro post. I posted most of it on the "We're Back!!!" thread, but Ill post here again since I have yet to post in this section, ever, not even back then that I can find.

I'm Caleb, I joined this forum in... 2009?
Yup,
Thu, October 22nd, 2009, Just over 11 years ago. I had a 2001 F-150 back then, and I wanted more power and mileage, I think I was getting 12-14mpg, so I searched for a tuner that could help and somehow ran across the forum here.
I started posting, asking questions, annoying Bill, Corey, cleatus12r (I forgot his real name), and Jack all day long when I should have been studying in college.

Since then I bought a 2005 F-150, 2002 F-250, 2006 Mustang GT, 2013 Mustang GT, 2006 F-150, 2011 Harley Nightster, 2014 Mustang GT, 2012 Tesla Model S P85, and finally a 2018 F-150. I still own the Tesla and the 2018 F-150.

I am on my second marriage since joining, my second kid is in the oven, I'm at my 6th ish Air Force base, and I think I've grown up a little bit, but I still like to have fun.

I've always been a nerd, but I now dress up in star wars costumes and donate my time visiting hospitals and doing charity work, I also am building an R2D2. I have a 3D printer. I have 2 gaming computers, one for deployments and one for home. And that's all I can think of right now.

I'm not sure if Bill can tune my F-150 now, or if he'd even want to (2018 3.5 ecoboost), and I know he can't do anything for the Tesla except watch it fly by him, so Ill just hang out and try and keep up with posting and talking to friends I made way back then.

I do remember something about having more than 1000 posts here, so I think we've lost some things after 8 years. Didn't the forum die at some point and we lost everything so it had to be resurrected, and that didn't go so well?

Either way, I'm here and Ill try and check in a bit more often than once every 8 years

Last edited by ticopowell; Wed, October 28th, 2020 at 01:19 AM.
Old Sat, October 24th, 2020, 09:37 AM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by ticopowell View Post
I do remember something about having more than 1000 posts here, so I think we've lost some things after 8 years. Didn't the forum die at some point and we lost everything so it had to be resurrected, and that didn't go so well?

Either way, I'm here and Ill try and check in a bit more often than once every 8 years
Caleb, It's really cool to have you back with us. Glad to see things going well for you.

And you are right about the Forum. This resurrection of the Forum is actually the last full "snapshot" that I had before upgrading to vBulletin 4. If it wasn't for this one, I don't think I would have been able to recover it at all. I can't remember exactly when the hosting server crashed, but it may have been between 6 and 12 months after this snapshot, so there are undoubtedly some things that have gone missing. However, I'm still pleased we were able to recover as much as we did.

Now we just need to get some traffic in here! I've seen several people come and check us out. Hopefully we'll get some people posting soon.

Anyway, good to se you again. Catch you online sometime.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Sat, October 24th, 2020, 09:55 AM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Caleb! Glad to see you back with us, sir! Looks like you've been busy (and that life has had its normal share of ups and downs).

You can certainly use an SCT programmer on your truck, but I don't know if Bill is interested in tuning gas engines anymore. Ask him.

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Sat, October 24th, 2020, 03:15 PM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackandJanet View Post
Caleb! Glad to see you back with us, sir! Looks like you've been busy (and that life has had its normal share of ups and downs).

You can certainly use an SCT programmer on your truck, but I don't know if Bill is interested in tuning gas engines anymore. Ask him.

- Jack
Actually, we still do gas tuning with SCT, but the people who are REALLY good with the EcoBoost tuning is Gearhead Tuning. Matt Robinson is a brilliant guy and Gearhead is actually one of our warehouses. Give them a shout and speak to Larz. He handles the ordering and stuff.

I hope this is helpful.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Sun, October 25th, 2020, 10:16 AM
PHP Groupie

Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Thanks, Bill - That's good information.

- Jack
Old Wed, October 28th, 2020, 01:42 AM
Grown-up in training!

ticopowell will become famous soon enough

Thanks guys, good seeing all of you again!

I don't expect to tune the truck anytime soon, prioritizing getting out of debt first and a few hundred on custom tunes plus a tuner doesn't make sense. Maybe after #2 is born. Thinking more power won't convince the wife otherwise, mileage might but we put less than 5000 miles on the truck a year so it won't save $4-800 for a long time lol. We would likely sell it before it's paid for itself and get a horse hauling truck. Dani wants horses someday, and doesn't want to sell this truck unless we upgrade to a superduty that can haul a 4 horse trailer or bigger... who knows when that will be though haha.
Old Wed, October 28th, 2020, 11:10 AM
PHP Groupie

Yes - You WILL need a Superduty to haul a 4-horse trailer! That's what my sister has - an F250. Those critters are expensive pets, too!

- Jack