Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford F-150, Expedition, Navigator, Blackwood, Mark-LT, SVT Lightning and H-D Editions > 2009 to 2014 F-150

2009 to 2014 F-150 3.5L, 3.7L, 4.6L, 5.0L, 5.4L, and 6.2L equipped F-150s

Old Fri, September 10th, 2010, 09:48 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

This is just my opinion: Unless you have a pretty good idea of what a mod is going to do FOR you and what the possible drawbacks are (and how easy it is to "reverse"), I don't think I'd try it.

I know, how does this "square" with getting a "tuned" truck from PHP? Well, for me, it was:
1. I hated the way the truck nosedived when I wanted to pass someone.
2. I thought it SHOULD get better gas mileage than it was getting.
3. Several people had made posts saying the Edge programmer made all the difference.
4. I had read MANY posts from Bill in f150Online and then I TALKED to him. (And our talks covered things other than "tuning".) This lead me to TRUST him!
5. Finally, I knew I could "reverse" things immediately if I didn't like the result and I'd only be out $400.00 (approx). (Sometimes, you just take a "chance" - its only money!)
So anyway, this was the "soul searching" I went through before buying an Edge that later got converted to a Gryphon. I've never regretted the move.

So, how do you feel about Dynatech? Do they seem like "upfront" people? Are they warning you about possible damage to your truck? Do they seem to be in there helping other people using their products? If you don't have a "good" feel about this, don't go there.

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Fri, September 10th, 2010, 10:13 PM
Triple Whopper with Cheese

martinoledad is on a distinguished road

I completely see what your saying....

I probably should of mentioned that im not letting dynatech use me as their lab mouse. I found that Stainless Works makes a set for my truck. I have been emailing them back and forth today about their kit and they tell me that it definitely will work for my truck. There are a bunch of long tube header kits for the 09-up f150 for 2wheel drive and not 4wheel drive(which I have).

But you are right I realize im taking a chance but I guess im stubborn I put mod after mod on my other truck(mainly cheap things) I guess i got addicted to it. I knew what mods i liked and got them for this truck,except for the gryphon thats new to me. Im pretty much done after this as far as major performance goes, not a whole lot left to do except a supercharger. all i know for sure i want to do is but a lift kit on it (dont know if i want a 4 or 6 inch lift)

Like you said its only money and you only live once! might as well make the most out of it and have some fun in the process.

40 series Flowmasters, K@N CAI, Jet MAF, Troyer Under Drive Pulleys, Stainless Works Longtube headers/Hi Flow CATS w/X-pipe, Ram Air Hood G-Force, SCT X3 programmer with custom tunes
Old Fri, September 17th, 2010, 07:24 PM

Really excited. I got my hood ordered yesterday They said that should take between 3-4 weeks to come in. Also ordered the stainless works longtube header kit today and that should be here with in the week also ordered my new tunes that should be here the same time as the hood.

I havent seen a email about my custom tunes. Corey or bill(just know it was a guy) at PHP told me the other day that they recieved it(earlier monday or tuesday) but still havent recieved an in-voice

but he also suggested i go back to stock until my new tunes do come in im going to miss the tunes but should be worth it when its all said and done.

40 series Flowmasters, K@N CAI, Jet MAF, Troyer Under Drive Pulleys, Stainless Works Longtube headers/Hi Flow CATS w/X-pipe, Ram Air Hood G-Force, SCT X3 programmer with custom tunes
Old Sat, September 18th, 2010, 09:36 AM
Forum Predator

Longshot270 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinoledad View Post
Really excited. I got my hood ordered yesterday They said that should take between 3-4 weeks to come in. Also ordered the stainless works longtube header kit today and that should be here with in the week also ordered my new tunes that should be here the same time as the hood.

I havent seen a email about my custom tunes. Corey or bill(just know it was a guy) at PHP told me the other day that they recieved it(earlier monday or tuesday) but still havent recieved an in-voice

but he also suggested i go back to stock until my new tunes do come in im going to miss the tunes but should be worth it when its all said and done.
Nice, I even found a set of headers for my truck over there.

Corey is Bill's wife so you probably talked to the mad doctor himself.
Old Sat, September 18th, 2010, 09:39 AM

I knew that. I meant the other guy that was helping them out. I guess I forgot his name.

Old Sat, September 18th, 2010, 09:45 AM
Forum Predator

Oh Cody, yeah he moved back to Montana a few weeks ago...went north for the winter.
Old Sat, September 18th, 2010, 11:33 AM

Yeah i knew it started with a C.

Old Sat, September 18th, 2010, 12:06 PM
Forum Predator

Haha there are quite a few of us who's name starts with "C".