Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford Super Duty & Excursion > 2003 to 2007 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel

2003 to 2007 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel equipped Super Duty and Excursion

Old Sat, February 4th, 2012, 04:07 PM
Double Whopper

sonic blue l is on a distinguished road
Default 2006 6l using evo with ejf2000?

Just wondering if an ejf2000 with attitude will work on a late model 2006? Edge " view all products " pdf states that any 2006 built after jan 2006 will not work. Mine is a vxcf4 cal so i guess one way to find out is to try.

Another question would be is using tow tune on the evo (display style), combined with the djf2000 account for no trans tuning on the module? Previously edge had recommend that i use economy on the evo, but i thought evo tow should have less timing.

I had heard that the original evo (handheld) was recommend to be stacked with the ejf2000.

Thanks for any info and experiences those who have done the combo.
Old Sat, February 4th, 2012, 11:37 PM
Spark Plug Inhibited

Jeremy is on a distinguished road

It should work, if the attitude does not light up then you'll know you're SOL. To be safe, when you use the evolution, retard the timing in the custom settings. When you stack them, its really easy to make them puke, even on the lowest evolution settings(when you add extra power with the juice) I know cause I've done it.
Old Sun, February 5th, 2012, 10:15 AM
Double Whopper

thanks for the quick response, perhaps then i should just use the evo on the trans only tune. I was thinking of using the trans tune and adjusting the pressure abit more then just the preprogrammed trans level.

I do have a custom tuned/canned sct, but the tune is too much for winter use, plus i still like the idea of the engine derate with high egt's that the module provides. (just incase the wife happens to be driving and not paying attention)

Btw mine is the early module with all the connectors hardwared and sticking out of the back of the unit. I've seen the later ones have there own connectors so im not sure if that matters or not. Its version 4.0.

If i knew that i could safely turn it up to level 5 without having to worry about transmission issues that would be great, as i've never had a problem with the evo's shifting. From the edge website it would appear as if the max power level would be the same, just a couple more levels with the module.
Old Sun, February 5th, 2012, 08:23 PM
Spark Plug Inhibited

Jeremy is on a distinguished road

Brad,

You won't be happy with the juice in any level past 3. Levels 4 and 5 make the trans act up, even with the help of the Evo or SCT.

The ejf2000 made decent power. If a guy had a 6 speed trans it was a good way to go.

So as a fellow 6.0 owner, and not a member of PHP, I'd suggest keeping the juice on level 3 or less when you using it with the SCT or the evo on trans only or tow tunes. You'll be able to tell if your trans is working well with that combo or not.

good luck
00 F-350 7.3, 12 Speed, PHP Gryphon, PHP hydra, DAC3
95 F-Superduty 7.3 DI, Auto, Mechanics Truck
94 F-Superduty 7.3 DI, 5 speed, Flatbed
Old Mon, February 6th, 2012, 03:01 PM
Double Whopper

thanks a lot for the information.

level 3 should be fine as that should be around 80 hp, vs the evo tow's 60. Should be perfect for what im looking for as even now with the evo on tow it works pretty well. Never gets hot (actually runs 50 deg f less then stock at wot), but it could use just a bit more to it as a daily driver.

You wouldn't happen to know how much timing the evo tow tune adds to the stock tune would you? Just thinking that if i could put the timing back like you were saying then i could run a little more fuel vs just the module by using the tow vs just the trans tune on the evo. (my thinking is that when the module derates due to high egt's then i would still be left with the base as a tow tune) However if the evo's trans tune uses the same trans adjustments as the tow tune then it would not really matter, perhaps i'm just overthinking things. I just have the tow tune's trans adjustments where i like them and would hate to have to start over, lol.

Guess only way to know is to give it a shot.

thanks again.