Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Minotaur Automotive Tuning Software

Minotaur Automotive Tuning Software Tune your own 7.3L Diesel! If you have a question or comment about Minotaur? Post it here.

Also, check out our Facebook group: Facebook - Minotaur Tuners

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Thu, September 23rd, 2010, 01:57 AM
Double Whopper

Colt is on a distinguished road
Default Just some basic questions.

I've been reading the Minotaur forum for a few hrs now, trying to learn a bit.. I've ordered everything, just waiting for it to come in The more I read, and the more I think about the things I want to change, the more I wish it worked on the 6.0's. Mostly the tranny, my #1 complaint about my trucks. The 4R100, the reason's are obvious. The 5R110, I cant stand the way the convertor locks and unlocks while using cruise control. Get into some rolling hills with them and the convertor just goes nuts when there is no reason for it to do it.

I have some basic questions that should be easy to answer..

First off, the software. Can it be installed on several computers? I'm a computer geek, right at this point in time I have 12 laptops. All of them have a specific job. I have touch screen's, plain jane laptops, etc. I prefer the touch screens for some of my tuning software, but for others I prefer a regular laptop. Pretty much, I dont know which computer I'm going to use for the F-250 yet. I've considered mounting a laptop in the truck, I have one in my F-450, I use it all day, every day. It's just nice to have.

I'm guessing that the chip has no burn limit ( well, none meaning you'll never meet that limit unless you burn every 10 seconds for many many years )? I know that writing to a typical EEprom some can have up to 1 million writes before you have issues, some your able to do more, or less.. I haven't seen this talked about yet.

Idle, I know I can increase idle speed, but can I have the engine idle up after a certain amount of time? Or do I have to make a different tune that I run when I want increased RPM's?.. My 6.0's are wired so they will go into high idle, using the PTO circuit. When active, they will idle for 10 seconds or so, then smoothly ramp up to 1200 RPM. If you hit the brake, they will go back to normal idle speed.. Can this be done with Minotaur? Or is it one of those things where I have to switch to a different position? I dont idle very often, normally just when letting the truck cool off after towing or whatever, but there are times when I need the truck to idle for various reason's and I dont like the low RPM's for prolonged periods of time due to diesel stacking. I'm just curious to know what my option's are. I'd rather just have a tune so the engine will idle at stock speeds for so many seconds, then automaticly ramp up, instead of having 2 tunes simply for idle speeds.

Where can I download the manual at? Just something to read while I'm waiting. I clicked on the link that Corey posted in the sticky, but I dont see where I can get it at all..

I think thats it for now. I'm sure many more will come up
'79 Mustang Turbocharged 302, Aftermarket EFI 563 HP/ 657 TQ
'98 Mustang Stroked, Blown, Aftermarket EFI 498 HP/ 537 TQ
'99 Cobra, no engine ( petal power )
'97 Dodge Ram 1500, Turbocharged 408, Aftermarket EFI

I have far too many toys...