Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Everything Else > The Conversation Pit

The Conversation Pit This is where EVERYTHING else goes. No subject is too mundane. How's the weather in your area? Did your kid cut his first tooth? Really, what do you think about the President? And don't get me started on Cummins and Duramaxes. Have at it!

Closed Thread

Old Mon, June 29th, 2009, 08:26 PM
Whopper

Alaska_Bound is on a distinguished road
Default Finally in Alaska

Hi Bill (Corey too),
I wanted to let you know that we arrived in Anchorage on the 18th, it's taken a little while to get things semi-organized. Truck ran well, I averaged about 15.6 mpg hauling a trailer for 5200 miles, not bad I guess?

You and the family are still have a place to stay should you decide to visit up here, I think you'd really enjoy it.

There are over 1600 pictures up on our online photo album if anyone would car to see. There are some from our previous trip in December (lots of snow) and then the drive from Georgia to Alaska. A friend of my sons took alot of pics so that album has his name (John Pate) and there is the other album of our pictures. There are also some random videos of wildlife, scenery and glaciers.

Go to http://bgonzales02.myphotoalbum.com to check it out

Everyone here on the forum is welcome to check out the pics as well, that's why I posted it here.

Weather is really unbearable right now....lows are in the mid 50's with a high of 68.

Sunlight is a little crazy though, we have something like 19 hours of full sunlight, at 2 am I can look through the skylight in our living room and still see the treetops.

Salmon are running so If I get the chance to go fishing I'll post up some pics of my catch.

Mods:
4" Straigh pipe exhaust with 5" Magnaflow tip
K&N Intake
4" Pro-Comp Suspension Lift with 35" tires on Mickey Thompson Classics
Phoenix 6 position installed by "da man" himself
Old Mon, June 29th, 2009, 08:43 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Glad everything is going well and you made it up their safe and sound. Now go catch some salmon. Have fun!

Lars

BTW watch out for those mosquitoes up their! They're HUGE! LOL'S

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Mon, June 29th, 2009, 09:06 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88Racing View Post
Glad everything is going well and you made it up their safe and sound. Now go catch some salmon. Have fun!

Lars

BTW watch out for those mosquitoes up their! They're HUGE! LOL'S
Do it while you can, the days are getting shorter now.

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Tue, June 30th, 2009, 06:35 AM
Baconator

BlackSTX is on a distinguished road

Sounds like a good time to be there. I had a neighbor who's son lived there, and they'd visit virtually every year. Their description of it made me want to see AK some day myself.

Hope you enjoy your trip and have a safe return trip.

Current mods: AEM Bruteforce CAI, Magnaflow SI/DO, Gryphon-87 & 93 tunes, Harley head lamps, tinted windows, lower grille filler, and FX2 lower valance.
Old Tue, June 30th, 2009, 05:10 PM
Whopper

Alaska_Bound is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSTX View Post
Sounds like a good time to be there. I had a neighbor who's son lived there, and they'd visit virtually every year. Their description of it made me want to see AK some day myself.

Hope you enjoy your trip and have a safe return trip.
Thanks all for the comments, we look forward to living here. Days hopefully won't be getting really short until early November though.

Well BlackSTX, that return trip may not happen for sometime, we've moved here permanantly.

Mods:
4" Straigh pipe exhaust with 5" Magnaflow tip
K&N Intake
4" Pro-Comp Suspension Lift with 35" tires on Mickey Thompson Classics
Phoenix 6 position installed by "da man" himself
Old Tue, June 30th, 2009, 06:26 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Make sure your block heater works. Also find your truck's battery either an insulator or a warming blanket.

Just some thoughts.

Lars

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Tue, June 30th, 2009, 08:06 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88Racing View Post
Make sure your block heater works. Also find your truck's battery either an insulator or a warming blanket.

Just some thoughts.

Lars
Wouldn't something like a "Battery Maintainer" kind of keep the battery both charged and warm at the same time? I sure agree with the block heater recommendation though.

- Jack
Old Wed, July 1st, 2009, 12:15 AM
Duty, Honor, Country

ChuckD will become famous soon enough

I have always wanted to go to Alaska, in the summer. My wifes aunt is a teacher in Barrow. She sends up pics of Polar Bears all the time.
2004 Explorer Limited
A veteran is someone who, at one point in one's life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life'. That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -Author Unknown
Closed Thread