Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Everything Else > The Conversation Pit

The Conversation Pit This is where EVERYTHING else goes. No subject is too mundane. How's the weather in your area? Did your kid cut his first tooth? Really, what do you think about the President? And don't get me started on Cummins and Duramaxes. Have at it!

Closed Thread

Old Thu, September 24th, 2009, 02:55 PM
Triple Whopper with Cheese

04FX4 is on a distinguished road
Default Need a diesel.

Ok I love my F-150 tows my trailer better then I thought, but want to upgrade to a larger truck and a diesel. I want to be able to tow my trailer and have a deck on the box with a couple of quads on it. I was wondering what people think would be the best truck and what year. I have heard so many bad stories about all the diesel engines, Ford Chev, dodge, I just dont want to buy a lemon. So lets here your thoughts.
Old Thu, September 24th, 2009, 09:34 PM
TIT (Tuner In Training)

soutthpaw has a spectacular aura aboutsoutthpaw has a spectacular aura aboutsoutthpaw has a spectacular aura about

7.3 Ford Powerstroke... End of discussion

It depends on your budget too. if you give us an idea of what u want to spend on it they we can help you narrow the choices
Projects. 1970's Hustler and Max II Amphibious ATV's
Old Fri, September 25th, 2009, 06:51 AM

jimmyv13 is on a distinguished road

7.3L PS

Old Fri, September 25th, 2009, 05:23 PM

04FX4 is on a distinguished road

The 7.3are to old want a newer truck just not brand new.
Old Fri, September 25th, 2009, 06:44 PM
who knows ??

Georgia Diesel is on a distinguished road

the 6liter is a good choice in my book..try and find a 05 and newer..the 6.4 has not been out long enough to be proven...alot of folks bad mouth the 6liter but i have one and will by another pretty soon...I work on duramax's and i like them alot. They are some great engines and are very fun to play with.. They all have there issues and problems, it kinda come down to your personal preference. I got a nice lly i will let go at a great price if interested . Just go and drive them all and see what one makes you happy.
crew cab 4-wheel drive 03 f-250 6 uh oleaker.4 inch staight pipe..12 years of being a diesel tech..i love helping others..feel free to call with any concerns..706-244-4955 got the truck put back to factory tuning the day she rolled of the factory line, TEC3..ficm,tcm,ecm...php is the best
Old Sun, September 27th, 2009, 11:21 PM
Duty, Honor, Country

ChuckD will become famous soon enough

I know of too many 6.0s puking, head gaskets and stuff like that. Yes its all on a personal preferance. If I could have a 3126B in my F350 then it would be there. I do have a 7.3 and just went camping with the kids pulling a 1500 pound trailer and the bed full of stuff and got 19 mpgs. Each brand, make, has their flaws.
2004 Explorer Limited
A veteran is someone who, at one point in one's life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life'. That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -Author Unknown
Old Mon, September 28th, 2009, 07:23 PM
Double Whopper

John Anderson is on a distinguished road

I work on all three brands from 94 to 09. They all have their quirks. Almost all of the 05+ trucks are fantastic. Find which one you like the best and just pull the trigger.
Old Tue, September 29th, 2009, 12:54 AM
TIT (Tuner In Training)

soutthpaw has a spectacular aura aboutsoutthpaw has a spectacular aura aboutsoutthpaw has a spectacular aura about

Heh, ChuckD too bad CAT is getting out of the on highway engine business.. According to the press release I read a while back it was due to complying with the new emissions rules. I have not had a chance to drive any vehicle on road with the cat engines so I don't have much input there but they certainly know how to build heavy duty stuff.. Almost bought a truck from DRMO once that had a 3406 in it I believe... There was rumor for a while of toyota getting a cat engine into light duty trucks... which I knew was bogus due to them owning Hino...

I gotta say that I loved the inline 6 diesel I had in my 2000 UD (that is Nissan HD trucks) with the 6 speed tranny.
Projects. 1970's Hustler and Max II Amphibious ATV's
Old Tue, October 6th, 2009, 12:26 AM
Duty, Honor, Country

ChuckD will become famous soon enough

I work for the Cat dealer here for my civilian job. It sucks because we are becoming a bumper to bumper facility now. I am still looking for an OBS with a blown motor for me to try it out. At least I got the hook up on parts for it.
2004 Explorer Limited
A veteran is someone who, at one point in one's life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life'. That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -Author Unknown
Closed Thread