Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Fri, December 25th, 2009, 12:25 AM
Whopper Junior

dpizz450 is on a distinguished road
Default Fusion Software and New Gryphon

Got my Gryphon in tonight. Trying to update it so I can get it up and running. When I open the Fusion software it just says "connect device to launch" My gryphon is plugged up and lit up via USB. It's like the software isn't registering that it's there or something? Anyone have any suggestions? Also the power level is set to 0- stock. Thanks and MERRY CHRISTMAS!

03 F-150 5.4L BTW

EDIT: Ok, got it to recognize it (unistall fusion and reinstall) now it's saying Server was unable to process request?

Last edited by dpizz450; Fri, December 25th, 2009 at 12:41 AM.
Old Fri, December 25th, 2009, 07:55 AM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Okay it's Christmas so I am not going to ground pound you!
Question: If you just recieved the gryphon back from PHP the why in the world does it need to be updated?
Question: Did you read any of the instructions that came with it?
If you had it probably states to go here:http://dygytalworld.ehost-services13.../_Support.html
Your edge is not an edge any more it's now a gryphon and associated with PHP.
It will use Pegasus from now on to do updates.

Merry Christmas!

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Fri, December 25th, 2009, 08:52 AM
Whopper Junior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88Racing View Post
Okay it's Christmas so I am not going to ground pound you!
Question: If you just recieved the gryphon back from PHP the why in the world does it need to be updated?
If you had it probably states to go here:http://dygytalworld.ehost-services13.../_Support.html
Your edge is not an edge any more it's now a gryphon and associated with PHP.
It will use Pegasus from now on to do updates.

Merry Christmas!
ANSWER: I Dunno, I tried plugging it straight up like the manual told me to. After trying to write the files it gave me an F1 error code. I troubleshooted it in the manual, and it says that code is because it needs to be updated?

If you had it probably states to go here:
ANSWER: If you are referring to the actual "edge'' manual that came with it, yes. I never got any other instructions but the manual. And the manual told me nothing of this. Thanks I will try it out.
Old Fri, December 25th, 2009, 09:23 AM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

I'm going to try to clarify something here. DO NOT use Fusion! Download and install Pegasus if you want to update the firmware in your Gryphon. The Gryphon will not work with Fusion.

If you got an Edge manual with the unit, it's mostly correct, but you should actually be using the Gryphon manual which you can download from PHP's website.

If you have the F1 error, try this: Leave the ignition key in the ON position. Unplug the Gryphon for about a minute, then plug it back in with the key still ON. Then, try to program your vehicle.

Now, it's possible that by using Fusion you MAY have corrupted the firmware in the Gryphon. I don't know at this point. If the Gryphon is unplugged, try this: Turn your ignition key to ON, then plug the Gryphon in. If you see your vehicle's HEX code, you're probably good to go and you can try programming it again. If you do not see the HEX code, you're going to have to get help from Bill.

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Fri, December 25th, 2009, 10:54 AM
Whopper Junior

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackandJanet View Post
I'm going to try to clarify something here. DO NOT use Fusion! Download and install Pegasus if you want to update the firmware in your Gryphon. The Gryphon will not work with Fusion.

If you got an Edge manual with the unit, it's mostly correct, but you should actually be using the Gryphon manual which you can download from PHP's website.

If you have the F1 error, try this: Leave the ignition key in the ON position. Unplug the Gryphon for about a minute, then plug it back in with the key still ON. Then, try to program your vehicle.

Now, it's possible that by using Fusion you MAY have corrupted the firmware in the Gryphon. I don't know at this point. If the Gryphon is unplugged, try this: Turn your ignition key to ON, then plug the Gryphon in. If you see your vehicle's HEX code, you're probably good to go and you can try programming it again. If you do not see the HEX code, you're going to have to get help from Bill.

- Jack
Thanks man, I highly appreciate it. Yes i got that part about the software. I deleted fusion and d/l pegasus. I updated it through that. About to go hook it up on the truck now. I will let yall know later today. Thanks again and MErry christmas and happy new years!
Old Fri, December 25th, 2009, 11:22 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

No more questions will be answered until your user cp is completed.
http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/member.php?u=1173
We are not qualified mind readers here.

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.