Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Wed, August 26th, 2009, 01:13 PM
Whopper

cackler08 is on a distinguished road
Default Which Custom Tunes Should I Get

I am almost ready to send it my Evo. I know that I can have up to 3 custom tunes created. I know I will need the 87 tow. I was also thinking about a 87 perf, 93 perf, or E85. That's ovbiously 4. Is there any benefit to getting a E85 tune? Will it be as powerful as the 93 perf? Finally will I still see the terrible mileage?
Old Wed, August 26th, 2009, 01:30 PM
Devon

rednoved is on a distinguished road

I ordered 2 tunes so far. My main tune is the 93 performance, but I also ordered an 87 performance. I wanted an 87 performance incase I'm in an area that doesn't offer 93 octane gas, or if gas becames really really expensive. My daily tune is the 93 performance though. I will probably order an 87 tow tune in the future, but I am not towing much or that often.

Not sure on the E85.
Old Wed, August 26th, 2009, 02:50 PM
Double Whopper

Circuit is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rednoved View Post
I ordered 2 tunes so far. My main tune is the 93 performance, but I also ordered an 87 performance. I wanted an 87 performance incase I'm in an area that doesn't offer 93 octane gas, or if gas becames really really expensive. My daily tune is the 93 performance though.
I did very simular. 87 Performance and 94 Performance custom tunes.

In the mean time I have been tweeking around with the canned 93 performance tune while I wait for my customs to be done.

I don't tow very often so the canned tow tune will due for me.

It all comes down to what you use your truck for and how you want your truck to drive.

Current: In bed lighting, K&N Drop-in, Gott's intake mod, Gryphon custom tuned
Future: Exhaust (next), UDP, eFans
Old Wed, August 26th, 2009, 10:42 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by cackler08 View Post
I am almost ready to send it my Evo. I know that I can have up to 3 custom tunes created. I know I will need the 87 tow. I was also thinking about a 87 perf, 93 perf, or E85. That's ovbiously 4. Is there any benefit to getting a E85 tune? Will it be as powerful as the 93 perf? Finally will I still see the terrible mileage?
Go with the octane ratings that are sold in your area.
When deciding on tunes ask yourself:

Who
What
Why
Where
How

If you don't need a tow tune at least keep the stock/canned one. Because you nevere know?

Milage?
All depends on driving styles.
Most get better milage. A few stay the same.

If you find any problems with the customs Bill can correct them or make appropiate adjustments.

E85???

Lars

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.