Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Thu, March 12th, 2009, 03:24 AM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by gowing82 View Post
Muffler Delete
EGR Delete

1. I am wondering if I should wait till the mods are done or will the tunes cover these mods w/o throwing and CEL's.

2. The "Fuel Sipper" tune you offer, is this reflashing the FICM, to the tune I am reading about on the forum. Or does it come part of any other tunes you offer, the guy I bought the truck from said Ford reflashed him and his MPG's went down alot that is why he got rid of the truck.

3. I'm curios on the Gryphon, is it 4 tunes and the stock, or 3 tunes and the stock?
1) Muffler is not an issue. EGR can be handled up front if you're planning on removing the EGR.

2) The Fuel Sipper program is a specifically tuned program in and of itself. The FICM mod is something else. When ford reflashed the vehicle, the ECM, TCM and FICM were all done at once. It's the combination of the files Ford uses that causes the vehicles to run poorly. Reprogramming the FICM makes a big diffrerence, but good tuning also makes a difference.

3) 4 tunes plus stock.

Hope this helps.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Thu, March 12th, 2009, 06:41 AM
Whopper

gowing82 is on a distinguished road

Thanks Bill,
This helps,
how long on the FICM reflash??
and the EGR delete, if it is programmed b-4 the delete, I can just unplug it at the valve and should b ok? Or does it matter?
EVO, soon to be a GRYPHON:punk:
ARP's
325's on 18's
A Pillar Quad Guages
CB
SIRIUS..Lifer

Last edited by gowing82; Thu, March 12th, 2009 at 06:43 AM. Reason: forgot a question
Old Thu, March 12th, 2009, 08:17 AM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

FICM reflash is 24 hours. Often same day depending on when delivery shows up.

With EGR turned off, it doesn't matter. Plugged... Unplugged... Removed... up to you.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Thu, March 12th, 2009, 08:36 AM
Whopper

gowing82 is on a distinguished road

[QUOTE=Power Hungry;5571]FICM reflash is 24 hours. Often same day depending on when delivery shows up.

Awesome!
What is the charge for a FICM reflash?
EVO, soon to be a GRYPHON:punk:
ARP's
325's on 18's
A Pillar Quad Guages
CB
SIRIUS..Lifer
Old Thu, March 12th, 2009, 09:23 AM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Corey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of light

$125 + shipping

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019