Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford Super Duty & Excursion > 2003 to 2007 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel

2003 to 2007 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel equipped Super Duty and Excursion

Old Tue, July 27th, 2010, 02:19 PM
Whopper Junior

Stroker07 is on a distinguished road
Default 07' Upgrades

I have an 07' PSD and I was wondering what is the best upgrade to start with. I've been reading here where the FICM reprogramming is a must. I've also heard that the Gryphon is a must. What do you all think is the best place to start. I tow a heavy (12,000+lbs) toy hauler most of the time with this truck and would like to see better power and fuel mileage. What do the experts here at PHP suggest?

Thanks in advance,
SB
Old Tue, July 27th, 2010, 09:01 PM
Double Whopper

Farmer11 is on a distinguished road

The ficm is a must, also i would suggest rolling back the ecm/tcm. idk if bill can put an 07 all the way back to the tec3, but thats what i have and its great. After you have that done, the gryphon comes, which takes the truck from kitty to a lion. lol. Thats the order i would go in. I would also make sure you get the egt probe with the gryphon, definatly a must. Towing 12k you could probably go with a 65tow for sure, maybe even a 80lighttow. i tow a gross combo weight of 34-36k with a 65tow. hope this helps