Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > The Starting Point > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions Welcome to the Power Hungry Performance Forum. We're glad that you're here! Start a new thread and tell us a little about yourself!

PLEASE POST TECHNICAL and/or SUPPORT QUESTIONS in the APPROPRIATE SECTION of the FORUM

Closed Thread

Old Wed, July 8th, 2009, 10:29 AM
Whopper

Kurt14 is on a distinguished road

Thanks.... I'm sure happy with her up to this point!

Fancy - 2005 Ford F-150 Crew 5.4 Lariat with Banks Ram Air Intake, Custom Flowmaster (hidden) Exhaust, 2.5'' Daystar Leveling Kit, Red Top Optima, and a (eager to be updated to Gryphon) Edge Evolution Programmer. Plus many custom appearance mods..
Old Sun, July 12th, 2009, 10:33 PM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Corey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt14 View Post
My name is Kurt and I own a 2005 F-150 supercrew and have had a edge evolution programmer for around 2 to 2 1/2 years and have been eager to get a little more custom tune for my exhaust and ram air intake. I am also interested in info on underdrive pulleys for the 5.4. In fact I have been researching more info on any motor modification (ex. cam, intake manifold, and other internals/bolt ons). Things are so hard to find for the 3 valve 5.4 truck motor. I am in Jasper and would be extremely stoked to get the experience of a dyno tune on my truck. Not to mention that sweet mudflap girl screen saver, hahaha! Winder is not far away and I have family close by so needless to say I am a little excited about finding PHP. What would be my drive out price to switch out my programmer and what would be my turn around time to wait on the programmer? Any info is much appreciated.
Hey there Kurt!

It sounds like you may be confusing "live" tuning with "dyno" tuning. No worries. Your truck cannot be live tuned like a 7.3L diesel truck where changes are made and are instantly viewable. With trucks later than 2003, changes have to be made to a program and then the program gets loaded in so that changes can be observed in the truck's performance.

What Bill usually does for customers who stop by for tuning is to create some tunes based on what you're looking for (just as he'd do for long-distance customers). Then, he'll load them onto your programmer and join you for a test ride while trying them out. If any changes have to be made, he can do that and then reload them. The whole process takes a couple of hours.

If you wanted to come out to get it done, the upgrade (new case and firmware) would be $25 and each tune would be $60 each. We charge a flat $100 for his exclusive time (live tuning is generally $125/hour, so it's a pretty good discount ).

Let us know if you'd be interested in stopping by or if you'd just like to do the upgrade by mail. We'll be happy to help you either way!

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019
Old Thu, July 23rd, 2009, 12:46 AM
addicted

kokopellimotorsports is on a distinguished road

Welcome to the forum!

Ty

Tuning is addicting. Lol.
Closed Thread