Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > The Starting Point > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions Welcome to the Power Hungry Performance Forum. We're glad that you're here! Start a new thread and tell us a little about yourself!

PLEASE POST TECHNICAL and/or SUPPORT QUESTIONS in the APPROPRIATE SECTION of the FORUM

Closed Thread

Old Wed, November 25th, 2009, 12:52 PM
Bacon King

XPerties is on a distinguished road

I've never done a test of 0-60 or maxed it out so I couldn't tell you.

On the order form if you are purchasing a Gryphon with 2 custom tune then that means you will have 1 stock tune since it only holds 3. Just pick which custom tune you want in slot 1, 2 and 3. It's your decision.

For me I had only ordered 1 custom tune and I put that in Level 2 and ordered Performance with Octane 91. I have plans on ordering tranny only so that would go in Level 1 and in the future I'll order Performance custom tune with octane 93 and that would go in Level 3....You see what I mean?

F150 05 5.4 XLT, Nitto 295/70/17, Dual Flowmaster, Gryphon w/ Custom Tunes
K&N CAI, HBS 2 1/2 Level Kit, Blackout Heads w/ 8K HID's, Tinted Tails & 3rd Light w/ LED's
Old Wed, November 25th, 2009, 01:08 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Let us know what tunes your interested in.
Most people fill in slot1 with a tune and or slot2 or slot3 with the other.
If you order a new gryphon it comes with canned/generic tunes. The customs will have to be written, then you'll download them through pegasus over the internet.

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Wed, November 25th, 2009, 02:22 PM
Whopper

dmiertschin is on a distinguished road

so i would only fill out one of the levels or not. and would custom 93 performance be the best one? and what does the stock tranny only mean??

and so i would get the programmer in and it wouldnt be custom tuned for my mods yet i would have to wait for the tunes to be written then download it off that program??
Old Wed, November 25th, 2009, 03:33 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Okay,
Bear with me here I'm on a BB phone.
Let's start with the order form.
Slots/boxes are as follows:
BOX1
Tranny only(canned)
BOX2
Tow tune(canned)
BOX3
93 performance(canned)
You can clic on the boxes to change them.
This is what I ordered.
BOX1
87 performance(custom)
BOX2
87 performance tow(custom)
BOX3
93 performance(canned)
See how I changed boxes 1+2?
Explination of why you don't get your customs right away upon ordering a new gryphon.
They need to ship the new unit to you so you can retrieve your trucks hex/calibration code and get it to them so that your custom tunes can be written.
They cannot write custom tunes without your or anyones hex code period!
There are other ways to get this code also.
If you had an edge and sent it in to get it upgraded to a gryphon then you would get it back with the custom tunes on it. Reason for this is your hex code is already in its memory.
You haven't mentioned at all what tunes you are looking at buying and that's a big concern of mine.
I would really highly recommend YOU talking with Bill about what you perceive as being what you want for your truck.

Old Wed, November 25th, 2009, 04:10 PM
Whopper

alright im starting to understand now...sorry if im being annoying about this stuff im just tryin to figure things out im not real familiar with a lot of it.

but the settings i prolly would want would prolly be the ones like u have i would think.

and about the hex codes how would u get that to get the custom tunes?
Old Wed, November 25th, 2009, 04:13 PM
Whopper

sorry bout that last question it was in ur last post but for them to get the hex code i would have to put the programer on my truck so then it would get my codes the take it off and send it in?
Old Wed, November 25th, 2009, 04:26 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

Yes, you'll get the new gryphon plug it in and it will either it will come up automatically or you'll have to retrieve it through the diagnostic menu. Once you have it you'll want to email it to them and put it in your "user cp" here on the forum in "edit your details" towards the bottom. Also put the serial number in there.
If you do get the gryphon make sure when you discontinue using the bully dog that you put your trucks pcm back to its stock programming.
It will create problems if you forget.

Old Thu, November 26th, 2009, 05:53 PM
Whopper

alright then well thanks for all the help
Closed Thread