Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > The Starting Point > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions Welcome to the Power Hungry Performance Forum. We're glad that you're here! Start a new thread and tell us a little about yourself!

PLEASE POST TECHNICAL and/or SUPPORT QUESTIONS in the APPROPRIATE SECTION of the FORUM

Closed Thread

Old Wed, February 10th, 2010, 12:30 PM
Whopper

F150_Feste is on a distinguished road
Clap Joining from Dallas, TX...happy camper as problem solved.

** Updated message** Many thanks to Bill and everyone here. Tunes are in and now learning to play with all the parameters.

**Original Message** Hello everyone, I recently purchased my Gryphon from a forum member and have already run into trouble on my loading canned tunes to my truck. I have an 07 F150 Lariat 4x4 5.4L Supercrew with K&N CAI, and magnaflow si/do exhaust...and other mod's to the look/appearance/functionality.

So my problem may be two-fold...my home computer (laptop) runs on Vista OS, that being said, I downloaded the drivers first (by accident, but it turned out that was a good thing)..then I installed pegesus, so far so good. Then I hooked up my gryphon and see that there is an update to be made. But it when it updates, it says there isn't any files to update? Second problem is that when I tried to load the level 2 canned tune from the gryphon on my truck it runs through the checksum process and gives the checksumRXDG4B2.HEX error and won't continue the load?

Any help on this is greatly appreciated.

Thanks and I am happy to be part of the forum and the gryphon family.

Joshua aka F150_Feste

Last edited by F150_Feste; Thu, February 11th, 2010 at 05:16 PM. Reason: update to situation
Old Wed, February 10th, 2010, 01:02 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Welcome!
This can occur during an attempt to program the PCM after installing the Gryphon in the vehicle.The Gryphon will detect if the PCM is stock or not, and if it is NOT stock then it will stop dead in it's tracks with a checksum failure. This problem can also be caused by a missing "stock" file.Contact PHP to restore the PCM to stock or to download the missing stock file.
In other words you may have on nonstock program on your pcm.
There is another thing you need to look at also to see if you have custom tunes still loaded on the Gryphon. I'll be back with that.

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Wed, February 10th, 2010, 01:10 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

In the main menu on the programmer, select [Diagnostics] -> [Tech Support] -> [Version Info]. (You can ignore the warning message that will come up). The "Calibration Version" should look like "0.x.xxxx" where the last 4 x's are (usually) the same as the Serial Number. If the Version number DOES begin with zero ("0"), you have custom tuned files. If the Version begins with one ("1") though, so it looks like "1.x.xxxx", then the unit has canned tunes, not custom. Again - any calibration that looks like 0.x.xxxx is a CUSTOM build. All calibrations that begin with "1", i.e., 1.x.xxxx are CANNED calibrations.
You may also want to try and update pegasus then try to update the gryphon.

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Wed, February 10th, 2010, 01:12 PM
Whopper

Thanks 88, if it's not stock (and it might not be, as the previous owner had a superchips program installed on it before i bought it), but the transmission has been replaced...wouldn't the dealership have re-flashed the system when they installed the new tranny? It sure felt slower after that, may have been in my head as to wanting to baby it a little afterwards though?
Is it easier/cheaper to have Bill work with me to correct the issue or should I have the dealership re-flash the truck?
Old Wed, February 10th, 2010, 01:14 PM
Whopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88Racing View Post
In the main menu on the programmer, select [Diagnostics] -> [Tech Support] -> [Version Info]. (You can ignore the warning message that will come up). The "Calibration Version" should look like "0.x.xxxx" where the last 4 x's are (usually) the same as the Serial Number. If the Version number DOES begin with zero ("0"), you have custom tuned files. If the Version begins with one ("1") though, so it looks like "1.x.xxxx", then the unit has canned tunes, not custom. Again - any calibration that looks like 0.x.xxxx is a CUSTOM build. All calibrations that begin with "1", i.e., 1.x.xxxx are CANNED calibrations.
You may also want to try and update pegasus then try to update the gryphon.

Thanks, I will check on that later.

Having problem updating pegasus though with my windows vista OS. Not showing any files to be updated when it goes through the process?

btw, I do have a call into PHP and Bill is hopefully going to be able to call me later today when he gets back in to help out with my questions. Hoping to order some custom tunes soon too.

Last edited by F150_Feste; Wed, February 10th, 2010 at 01:16 PM. Reason: addition of info
Old Wed, February 10th, 2010, 01:22 PM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Corey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of light

Hey Josh,

Sounds like Lars is right on the money.

Go to Pegasus. Go to Utilities. Click Read Critical Files. You must be running version 2.01.0616 of Pegasus for your files to go to our server.

When you finish it, e-mail Bill at bill@phptune.com with the serial number of your unit (it's in the lower right hand corner of Pegasus), so that he knows your files are available for him to peruse.

Don't worry about getting reflashed at the dealer.

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019
Old Wed, February 10th, 2010, 02:02 PM
Whopper

Thanks everyone, I will try that tonight and see where that gets me.

Corey, was that you I spoke to on the phone earlier? :-) If so, should I assume that Bill won't be calling me back until I upload my files for him to take a look at first? If I have any trouble tonight do I just log back on here and provide information that will be answered tomorrow?
Old Wed, February 10th, 2010, 05:05 PM
Whopper

Sorry, one more question for the crew? If i have trouble with loading pegasus on my home computer, will it matter if i load it to my work computer instead? Does it save vital information locally to that machine that I need or won't have available if the computer is turned back over to the company?
Old Wed, February 10th, 2010, 05:43 PM
Forum Predator

Longshot270 will become famous soon enough

There is a thread around here somewhere on how to get past the vista problem. The way I've been doing it is going into Control Panel>User Accounts and Family Safety>User Accounts>Turn User Account Control on or off. Go in and turn it off and restart your computer. Do the pegasus update, turn the control back on and restart.
Bill found a code that you can run to disable it or something but when I tried it, it messed up pegasus and I had to reinstall it.
Old Wed, February 10th, 2010, 10:42 PM
Whopper

ok, so I have learned a few things now.

A) the gryphon does not have custom tunes on it. the calibration is correct it starts with a 1 as needed.
B) All of the vista patches are not working for me? still get component MSCOMM32.OCX error and I have uninstalled, reinstalled with the user control setting off/on alternately as noted by longshot and even used the two seperate run commands that Bill suggested in a different thread.
C) What is strange is that the suggested update that pegasus is noting is the same version that is showing to be installed?
D) Gonna need Bill's aid I think...hope he gives me a call back tomorrow. I was able to send my files to thier server and sent him an email with my serial number to hlep.

Thanks again everyone. Looking forward to getting this running and then getting my custom tunes ordered to really wake this sleepy engine up.
Closed Thread

Tags
checksum, error, gryphon, hexcode, vista