Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > The Starting Point > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions Welcome to the Power Hungry Performance Forum. We're glad that you're here! Start a new thread and tell us a little about yourself!

PLEASE POST TECHNICAL and/or SUPPORT QUESTIONS in the APPROPRIATE SECTION of the FORUM

Closed Thread

Old Fri, May 21st, 2010, 05:39 PM
Whopper

bhofe128 is on a distinguished road
Default hello from new jersey

hey guys found about your website from a buddy on f-150.net, i have 04 f-150 with the 5.4 litre engine and i have the edge evolution and a k&n cold air intake and a magnaflow exhaust,, my ?? is i was considering the gryphon. what should i expect from the change also i plan to upgrade the throttle body to a bbk and a efan kit?? should i wait to do the gryphon till then...any help is greatly apprecieted
Old Fri, May 21st, 2010, 05:43 PM
Whopper

it just isnt responsive enough off the line ,, i wanna be able to smoke em up,, right now i have to mash it to the floor at a stop to burn em up a little
Old Fri, May 21st, 2010, 06:14 PM
Bacon King

cajunboy2208 is on a distinguished road

Well, I have a K&N CAI, and a Si/De Borla Exhaust with the Gryphon Programmer set on an 87 canned tune. *Still awaiting my custom 87 perofrmance tune*
And I can not "burn" my tires at all. So you will need something more than just a new programmer and fan.
Old Fri, May 21st, 2010, 10:51 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Welcome!

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Fri, May 21st, 2010, 10:55 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajunboy2208 View Post
Well, I have a K&N CAI, and a Si/De Borla Exhaust with the Gryphon Programmer set on an 87 canned tune. *Still awaiting my custom 87 perofrmance tune*
And I can not "burn" my tires at all. So you will need something more than just a new programmer and fan.
My truck must be rare!
I was able to burn the tires in stock and even had the belt chirp.
It's a screw lariat.
Must be the smokestone paint?
Peace!

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Sat, May 22nd, 2010, 10:22 AM
Triple Whopper with Cheese

JWBFX4 is on a distinguished road

Welcome to the forum

The throttle body upgrade isn't worth much for these trucks....IMHO you would probably be wasting your money.
Old Sun, May 23rd, 2010, 02:26 AM
Grown-up in training!

ticopowell will become famous soon enough

I think a lot of "burning rubber" in these trucks depends on altitude, tires, gas, if the engine is broken in, weight, rear diff gears, road conditions, and probably a few other things I cant think of right now. Mainly I think this because I have had 2 f-150's and neither of them even chirped the tires at full throttle from a stop. the newer one has more get up and go, but it also has 3.73 gearing versus the former truck had 3.55. so if you get higher gears, you get more torque, and if you are at lower atltitude (I am around 7000 feet on average), you get more power, but less gas mileage, so dont expect very many people to say that they can do a burn out with just a programmer and E-fans unless all the factors are right, and you are in the right spot at the right time , just my 2 cents
Old Mon, May 24th, 2010, 04:42 PM
Whopper

so bassicly what you guys are saying ..is that from my breif description of what my truck is doing ,,that switching from the edge to the gryphon wont change a whole lot for me ,,and the throttle body upgrade isnt worth it?
Old Mon, May 24th, 2010, 08:20 PM
Baconator

BlackSTX is on a distinguished road

Welcome! You've come to the right place to get some answers.

As far as the BBK T-body; I have read reviews from many people who cite they have gotten better response from it, but not really noticeable HP gains. Of course, they don't promise monster HP to begin with.

Upgrading from the Edge to the Gryphon is worthwhile. Since you are running a CAI, you probably are running in a slight lean condition. I was even advised by Edge tech support to contact Bill for the upgrade since you cannot adjust for your CAI or other mods. Upgrading and having Bill make a program for you will rectify this and account for the effects of all the mods on your truck.

Current mods: AEM Bruteforce CAI, Magnaflow SI/DO, Gryphon-87 & 93 tunes, Harley head lamps, tinted windows, lower grille filler, and FX2 lower valance.
Old Tue, May 25th, 2010, 02:20 AM
Grown-up in training!

ticopowell will become famous soon enough

I put an AFE throttle body spacer on my 2001 F-150 and I didnt notice any sort of difference whatsoever. thinking about the physics of why they should work makes sense, but 1 inch of organized turbulence is not going to help atomize gas more by any measureable amount as far as I am concerned. I think switching from the edge to a gryphon will change quite a bit for you, but I have never had an edge. The best part of the gryphon is the customization, and the better programming. even the canned tunes on the gryphon are better than the edge. I cant really say one way or the other weather you will be happy if you spend the money to get a gryphon, but I personally think it is worth it.
Closed Thread