Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > The Starting Point > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions Welcome to the Power Hungry Performance Forum. We're glad that you're here! Start a new thread and tell us a little about yourself!

PLEASE POST TECHNICAL and/or SUPPORT QUESTIONS in the APPROPRIATE SECTION of the FORUM

Closed Thread

Old Thu, March 5th, 2009, 01:45 PM
addicted

kokopellimotorsports is on a distinguished road

Congrats on your purchase. Welcome to the site.

Ty

Tuning is addicting. Lol.
Old Fri, March 6th, 2009, 01:44 PM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Corey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Bryan! We're glad you joined the forum. Glad you're enjoying Bill's tunes, and thanks so much for your posts on PSO! Word of mouth is the greatest advertising. We really appreciate it!

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019
Old Fri, March 6th, 2009, 08:53 PM
Whopper

Alaska_Bound is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groovy Chick View Post
Hi Bryan! We're glad you joined the forum. Glad you're enjoying Bill's tunes, and thanks so much for your posts on PSO! Word of mouth is the greatest advertising. We really appreciate it!
Not a problem at all. As happy as I am, more people need to know about it and satisfy their need for speed through PHP! I can't say enough about how satisfied I am and how well I was treated.

Bryan
Old Sat, March 7th, 2009, 11:03 PM
Whopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Hungry View Post
Bryan,

Enjoyed meeting and chatting with you last night. As you can tell, I'm a chatty sort of person, which sometimes can be a handicap. :whistle:

One thing... don't believe the "Lie-O-Meter" for fuel economy. One of the unfortunate side effects of tuning is that the accuracy of the MPG is adversely affected. The DTE should still be pretty accurate since it basically calculates off the amount of fuel in the tank versus miles driven.

Let us know how it goes after a fill-up and you can put pencil and paper to it.

Take care and if we don't catch you before then, have a safe and enjoyable trip to Alaska!
Okay, so here's the update:

I checked my fuel economy for a tank that I had filled the day I picked up the truck plus one day on the chip. I got 14.6 mpg on that tank.

I fueled up today before heading to south Georgia and took Hwys 11, 83, 23, I75, and US 300, from Monroe to Albany. On the two lane country roads, I ran about 60, and on the interstate 70-75. After fueling up, I calculated 20.5 mpg, and the overhead was reading 20.9. So a huge improvement overall and the overhead (so far) is off by a smidge. Of course I won't rely on it but will continue to calculate mpg manually. Who knows, after a few runs and if it continues to be close, maybe I will use it.
Old Sun, March 8th, 2009, 04:43 AM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

Thanks for the update. That's awesome! Now to get that kind of mileage on every truck.

Take care.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Mon, March 9th, 2009, 04:02 PM
Whopper

Rxyb is on a distinguished road

I'm "alaska-bound" myself, moving to Anchorage in July. I've been wanting to order a Gryphon and now that we are pulling a travel trailer over 5k miles I figure why not?! Hope the move goes well!
Old Mon, March 9th, 2009, 11:18 PM
Whopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rxyb View Post
I'm "alaska-bound" myself, moving to Anchorage in July. I've been wanting to order a Gryphon and now that we are pulling a travel trailer over 5k miles I figure why not?! Hope the move goes well!
Awesome! I'll let you know how the drive was once we get settled in.
I absolutely love my phoenix, you won't be disappointed. Have you picked up your copy of the milepost yet? Still waiting to order ours, loads of info in there. Good luck with the move also.
Old Tue, March 10th, 2009, 07:51 AM
Whopper

Rxyb is on a distinguished road

I hadn't heard of the milepost but will check it out..sounds like a good reference for seeing the state. We are driving from Ohio over to Portland and Seattle first then heading north, planning on about 15 days/5600 miles. Where about are you moving?
Old Tue, March 10th, 2009, 09:53 AM
Whopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rxyb View Post
I hadn't heard of the milepost but will check it out..sounds like a good reference for seeing the state. We are driving from Ohio over to Portland and Seattle first then heading north, planning on about 15 days/5600 miles. Where about are you moving?
We are moving to Anchorage, already have a house set up.

The milepost is a book that lists all of the hotels, fuel stops, food joints and anything else of any importance for the Alaska Highway (previously the AlCan). We've been told by quite a few people that have driven to Alaska that this is a must have. Just google it and you can find out more about it and where to get it. Make sure that you get the most recent copy since it's always being updated. My wife found it the least expensive at Amazon, I don't remember the price but it was probably $8-$10 cheaper than the other places we looked at.

We've thought about several different routes, it's dependent on whether we have to tow my wife's car to Tacoma and have it shipped from there or not.
I'd like to go to Portland/Seattle because that's the area where I grew up and it would be good seeing it again. Also, I don't know if you've been or plan on going, but Vancouver Island is a must see if you have the time. The ferry ride is awesome and there is beautiful things to see there. I don't know how big of trailer you're pulling, but you can take it on the ferry (might be a little costly), or maybe you could leave it parked at a campground, go up and come back, then hood and go.

Whatever you (we) decide to do, it's going to be a great journey!

Bryan

Mods:
4" Straigh pipe exhaust with 5" Magnaflow tip
K&N Intake
4" Pro-Comp Suspension Lift with 35" tires on Mickey Thompson Classics
Phoenix 6 position installed by "da man" himself
Old Tue, March 17th, 2009, 12:13 AM
Whopper

Hey Bill,
I have a question, if I add a valve body to my tranny, will I have to have any of the programming changed?
Thanks,
Bryan

Mods:
4" Straigh pipe exhaust with 5" Magnaflow tip
K&N Intake
4" Pro-Comp Suspension Lift with 35" tires on Mickey Thompson Classics
Phoenix 6 position installed by "da man" himself
Closed Thread