Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford F-150, Expedition, Navigator, Blackwood, Mark-LT, SVT Lightning and H-D Editions > 1997 to 2009 Expedition and Navigator

1997 to 2009 Expedition and Navigator 4.6L and 5.4L (2V and 3V) equipped Expeditions and Navigators

Old Tue, April 6th, 2010, 04:04 PM
Whopper Junior

ncscram is on a distinguished road
Default Expedition question

I ordered an EDGE CS from an internet vender that stated it would work on a 2007 Expedition. After talking to an EDGE Tech and discovering this site, I found that in fact it will not work on the 07. I was wondering if you could plug in the tuner and be able to read things like trans temp, oil temp, basically use all the gauge functions without trying to download any tunes. Just curious if anyone has tried this or if it will cause damage to the PCM by pluging it in. I haven't even pulled the thing out of the box yet because I was planning on sending it back, but I am thinking about holding on to it in hopes of an update coming out that will enable it to work on the 07 and up Expeditions. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
Old Tue, April 6th, 2010, 04:43 PM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

Edge is working to get the coding for the '07-'08 Expeditions completed. I can't say for certain whether or not the programmer will provide any data as I'm not 100% certain on the OBD-II communications structure used in that vehicle. As near as I can tell, it's very similar to the '09+ F150 and if so, the once the update is out for the F150 it should work on the Expedition as well.

I'm sorry this isn't more informative but it's all the information I have at this moment.

Take care.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Tue, April 6th, 2010, 05:34 PM
Whopper Junior

ncscram is on a distinguished road
Default Thank you

Thanks for such a quick responce. I think I will hold on to the programmer and see if the new codes will be compatible when they are finished. Thanks again.