Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > General Vehicle Related Topics > Performance Modifications and Other Conversations

Performance Modifications and Other Conversations This is a place where we can have real, honest discussions about all things performance related.

Whether it's power adders, engine parts, configurations, injectors, tuning, or whatever else you can thing of, let's talk about it!

Old Tue, May 19th, 2009, 08:58 PM
Bacon King

Desert Racer is on a distinguished road

I know you have a 4.6 but does Summit make them for the 5.4? Thanks Cody
Old Tue, May 19th, 2009, 10:44 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Racer View Post
Pretty much stuck with troyer for the 5.4. That's where I got mine.
Rpm outlet also has them(moto blue) but customer service isn't the greatest.

Lars

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Wed, May 20th, 2009, 05:43 PM
Bacon King

Thanks man, damn mod bug! lol
Old Wed, May 27th, 2009, 10:51 AM
Baconator

BlackSTX is on a distinguished road

Quick question for you.... Do you experience any charging issues at lower RPM's? Coworker had a kit on his Mustang and said that was the only negative he experienced.

Current mods: AEM Bruteforce CAI, Magnaflow SI/DO, Gryphon-87 & 93 tunes, Harley head lamps, tinted windows, lower grille filler, and FX2 lower valance.
Old Fri, May 29th, 2009, 12:53 AM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

Undercharging at idle is a common problem, especially with E-Fans. The only thing you need to do is raise the idle 50-75 RPM w/o fans or about 100-125 RPM with fans and you're good to go.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Fri, May 29th, 2009, 01:45 PM
Baconator

Thanks Bill. It's much lower RPM increase than I expected. I wasn't sure if most of the kits changed the alternator pulley too, but I see none of them really do.

Current mods: AEM Bruteforce CAI, Magnaflow SI/DO, Gryphon-87 & 93 tunes, Harley head lamps, tinted windows, lower grille filler, and FX2 lower valance.
Old Fri, May 29th, 2009, 02:45 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Racer View Post
The 4.6 ud pullies are all over out there. The 5.4 ud pullies are hard to find and if you do find them they run $75 to $100 more. Troyer performance is where I got mine from for the 5.4. There is a couple of more places but they have horrible customer service. Watch out when you search for them online some retailers mix up the products or don't give good numbers. You might order a set for a 5.4 and end up with a 4.6 set. So my advice go with a performance shop who has used them and are selling them.

Lars

Old Fri, May 29th, 2009, 03:18 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSTX View Post
Thanks Bill. It's much lower RPM increase than I expected. I wasn't sure if most of the kits changed the alternator pulley too, but I see none of them really do.
Some kits out there are still three pulley kits. Just depends on who the mfgr is and what they thought was best! Majority of pulley kits are only 2 pulley kits.

Lars

Old Mon, June 1st, 2009, 11:18 PM
Bacon King

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88Racing View Post
The 4.6 ud pullies are all over out there. The 5.4 ud pullies are hard to find and if you do find them they run $75 to $100 more. Troyer performance is where I got mine from for the 5.4. There is a couple of more places but they have horrible customer service. Watch out when you search for them online some retailers mix up the products or don't give good numbers. You might order a set for a 5.4 and end up with a 4.6 set. So my advice go with a performance shop who has used them and are selling them.

Lars
I plan on ordering a set from Troyer here in the next month or two. Need to give the card a break with mods lately.
Old Sun, June 7th, 2009, 08:20 AM
Baconator

All said and done, I'm glad this mod makes a noticable difference; it's one of the cheaper ones you can make. As far as the belt goes, do you know what the length of the stock belt is, or the part number for the Goodyear belt is?

If anyone can chime in on this, I'd appreciate it... Thanks!