Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford F-150, Expedition, Navigator, Blackwood, Mark-LT, SVT Lightning and H-D Editions > 2004 to 2008 F-150 and Mark-LT

2004 to 2008 F-150 and Mark-LT 4.2L, 4.6L and 5.4L equipped F-150s and Mark-LTs

Old Wed, November 9th, 2011, 06:35 PM
Whopper

fordtuff247 is on a distinguished road
Default Gryphon programmer screen is unreadable

I've been running program 1 for a few months now just as a comparison for fuel economy between the 3. Today I went to return my truck to Program 3 and the programmer suddenly locked up before I was able to set it. The screen looked like the pics I have attached. When I turn the key off the programmer remains on. The only way to turn the power off is to unplug it. Once I plug it back in and put the key in the on position, photo 2 shows first. Notice at the bottom of photo 2 it says Warnings remaining:251. I'm unsure what warnings they are referring to. Once I press <enter> photo 3 appears. Once photo 3 vanishes Photo 1 appears on the screen & that is where it freezes up. I don't know what to do. I have it unplugged right now. Anyone else had this problem?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo 1.jpg (12.7 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg photo 2.jpg (15.9 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg photo 3.jpg (14.7 KB, 6 views)
Old Wed, November 9th, 2011, 07:01 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Replace the truck's battery.......its a sign that's its going bad.....

The other thing is it should be plugged in when the key is ON.....not the other way around

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Wed, November 9th, 2011, 07:07 PM
Whopper

Why am I not seeing any signs elsewhere? Truck starts fine & everything is performing like it should. I replaced the battery about a year ago with a duralast gold. I'll do a load test on the battery to check it though. Also the programmer was working just fine until I push the button to reprogram it.
Old Wed, November 9th, 2011, 07:10 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

I'll leave a note also

Old Wed, November 9th, 2011, 07:12 PM
Whopper

2007 4.6L
Old Thu, November 10th, 2011, 09:55 AM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordtuff247 View Post
I've been running program 1 for a few months now just as a comparison for fuel economy between the 3. Today I went to return my truck to Program 3 and the programmer suddenly locked up before I was able to set it. The screen looked like the pics I have attached. When I turn the key off the programmer remains on. The only way to turn the power off is to unplug it. Once I plug it back in and put the key in the on position, photo 2 shows first. Notice at the bottom of photo 2 it says Warnings remaining:251. I'm unsure what warnings they are referring to. Once I press <enter> photo 3 appears. Once photo 3 vanishes Photo 1 appears on the screen & that is where it freezes up. I don't know what to do. I have it unplugged right now. Anyone else had this problem?
I've boldfaced this part of your post. If the Gryphon is to boot properly, you have to turn the ignition key to ON (engine off) and THEN plug the Gryphon in. In your post you said you did it in reverse order, and that will not work.

The other symptoms sound like a weak battery to me too.

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Thu, November 10th, 2011, 10:13 AM
Whopper

Ok I just went outside and tried it. I turned the ignition to the ON position, plugged the Gryphon into the diagnostic port, the unit power up and I pressed enter then it showed me my .hex file. I went to press enter again and nothing happened. Usually the buttons have a sound when you press them but once I press enter after it shows my .hex file name, the button sounds go away. Also I didn't mention this before, when I turn the ignition to the off position the programmer doesn't go off. I've included a pic of what the screen looks like when you look directly at it. I've been taking pics from about a 45 degree angle.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg front facing pic.jpg (30.3 KB, 7 views)
Old Fri, November 11th, 2011, 10:07 AM
SENIOR MODERATOR

Please update your user cp to include phone number and hex code....http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/members/fordtuff247.html

Old Fri, November 11th, 2011, 10:17 AM
Whopper

Updated
Old Fri, November 11th, 2011, 10:35 AM
SENIOR MODERATOR

I'll leave php a note.....