Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford Super Duty & Excursion > 1999 to 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel

1999 to 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel equipped Super Duty and Excursion

Old Wed, September 12th, 2012, 06:33 PM
Whopper

GotTurboLag is on a distinguished road
Default Deployed Soldier looking into TS Chip need some input please

Well here it is 0355 sitting in Bagram waiting on flight #2 to take me out of this hell hole after spending a year on a hole in the wall FOB and I am trying to dig up as much info as I can about my future with my 02 F250. I purchased my truck as a "gift" to myself after tour #3 down range (my last gift ended up going to my ex wife who then proceeded to sell it for pennies on the dollar for what it was worth... I envy the lucky SOB who got my 89 Foxbody that ran 9s for under 5 grand).

So a little about my truck. It is a 2002 F250 7.3L with a 4'' lift, 35's, Airaid intake, magnaflow 4'' turbo back, boost and egt gauges, 07 front end conversion and I am sure much more that is unknown to me (truck was a repo and seems the guy put quite a bit into it except his monthly payments). Truck has 206K on the odo.

I have a member on the .ORG who is offering to sell me his TS 6 pos chip for 135.00 but believe it will need to be reflashed to my vin/pcm code (correct me if I am wrong). The only reason I am going used is I am on a very tight budget after spending nearly 10 grand getting my daughter and my wifes younger brother and sister (who we recently adopted) moved to Alaska where we are stationed (we are both military returning from Afghanistan). Between that large chunk and the house we pretty much are on a tighter budget than planned but it was all worth it to have the kids under one roof. Now is it possible to reflash the chip and overwrite the tunes (I would rather use PHP vs the others as I seem to be getting the run around on things). All I am looking for is a nice tow tune, cruising tune (45-60hp), race tune (120hp), smoke/lope tune, high idle tune (to warm the truck up in the lovely Alaskan freeze my butt off weather).

It would be great to get some input on this as I still have 24hrs to kill until we make our next voyage to Manas then off to the land of freedom..real food and cold beer.

Look forward to seeing what I can get back in response. If buying new would be the best bet does PHP offer military discounts (shot in the dark but worth a try).

V/R
SGT Ryan Libby
4/25 BCT (ABN)
JBER, AK / FOB Salerno AFG

ryan.libby907@gmail.com
Old Wed, September 12th, 2012, 06:34 PM
Whopper

also.. you guys are cruel with the title "whopper junior" do you realize how hungry that just made me.... Screw it T minus 4 days until I should hopefully be back on US Soil
Old Wed, September 12th, 2012, 07:12 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

Sorry, no reburns from PHP on another vendor's TS Performance chip.
Old Wed, September 12th, 2012, 07:23 PM
Whopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleatus12r View Post
Sorry, no reburns from PHP on another vendor's TS Performance chip.
and what about the other questions asked about possible tunes and if being better off with a fresh chip from PHP and do you offer mil discounts
Old Wed, September 12th, 2012, 07:28 PM
Grown-up in training!

ticopowell will become famous soon enough

I can sell you mine, you pay me, I ship it to php, they ship it to you if they/you are ok with that...
Sold my 2002 F-250 so I don't need it anymore.
I have it posted in the classifieds, willing to negotiate.
Old Wed, September 12th, 2012, 07:31 PM
Whopper

yah I believe you were asking 250 which is a bit much for a used unit
Old Wed, September 12th, 2012, 07:32 PM
Grown-up in training!

Make me an offer...
Old Wed, September 12th, 2012, 07:36 PM
Whopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ticopowell View Post
Make me an offer...
I'll hold off on the offer for now as I am waiting to find out who wrote the tune on the TS 6 pos chip I was offered on the .org (135.00 shipped) if it was a PHP tune then I will go that route if not then I may just go with a new TS so I can get the tunes built to my truck and for the items I want/need
Old Wed, September 12th, 2012, 07:47 PM
Grown-up in training!

I don't blame ya. Good luck and let me know what you decide. and a chip is a chip, Bill will be able to tune whatever you want on it. Have a good flight, Thank you for your service!
Old Thu, September 13th, 2012, 08:01 AM
God & Guns

rammertide07 is on a distinguished road

By the time you buy the chip and pay for reburns, you're not far from buying the Phoenix....$295. Plus you don't have to worry about shipping from the forum seller...then shipping to PHP.

I hope the PO regeared for the tires. I reccomend a transmission gauge. New/Rebuilt transmission is $2300-4000. Maybe you won't have to worry about overheating....but it would still be nice for fuel milage if it is regeared.
01 F350 7.3 4x4 CC SRW/3.73/315-75-16/Aeroforce Interceptor/BD Thruster II/ Bellowed Up-Pipes/4" turbo back exhaust/CCV Mod/DIY 6637/FPR Shimmed to 65 PSI/TS chip reburned with PHP tunes (Stock, 40T WITH Whsiper tune, 80DD, 100R, 140Ex, 140SS)/Replaced and Cleaned EBPS & Tube 4-6-12/Zoodad mod/Recon smoked cab lights/MM Hubs/Cowl Hood/HPx