Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford F-150, Expedition, Navigator, Blackwood, Mark-LT, SVT Lightning and H-D Editions > 2009 to 2014 F-150

2009 to 2014 F-150 3.5L, 3.7L, 4.6L, 5.0L, 5.4L, and 6.2L equipped F-150s

Old Mon, January 11th, 2010, 06:11 PM
Triple Whopper with Cheese

martinoledad is on a distinguished road

oh sorry i knew that they werent going to be out of the office for a while but i didnt know they were totally out
Old Mon, January 11th, 2010, 06:31 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

I know that this month some info was to be released. But with this medical emergency and them being totally gone.
I feel it is going to be delayed.
So just keep on checking in here and someday real soon there will be an announcement.

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Tue, February 2nd, 2010, 11:23 AM
Whopper

Smokewagun is on a distinguished road

I'm waiting with baited breath for the Gryphon for my 2010 Screw. I am very surprised the 2009's haven't been released, and that makes me concerned for the 2010's. I assume the 2010 will be a shoe-in as there were no real changes from 2009.

I'm very hopeful it won't be too long. I drive alot of miles and trade about every year. I'd like to log some Gryphon miles before I move to my next rig!

Groovy, do you or Bill have a rough idea about when we can expect something to peak? Do you think the 2010's will come right out with the 2009's, or will there be a delay?

I know you have been/are going through alot lately with your family and hope that you know many of will continue to keep you in our thoughts and prayers - especially with the most recent news.
Old Wed, February 3rd, 2010, 01:24 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Smoke - you keep getting a new truck every year! Is your new one a KR or is it something else?

You may want to hold out for the CS or CTS programmer, which PHP will also sell (with custom tunes). I think that's the basket Edge is putting their eggs into anyway, so I doubt they're in a huge rush to upgrade the older Evolutions.

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Thu, February 4th, 2010, 10:04 AM
Whopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackandJanet View Post
Smoke - you keep getting a new truck every year! Is your new one a KR or is it something else?

You may want to hold out for the CS or CTS programmer, which PHP will also sell (with custom tunes). I think that's the basket Edge is putting their eggs into anyway, so I doubt they're in a huge rush to upgrade the older Evolutions.

- Jack
My new one is a Lariat. I wish it was a King Ranch, though. I had the best of intentions to run that truck a few years (of course by now it would have close to 85k on it), but I was forced out of it due to some travel trailer weight issues. Off to a 2008 F-350 6.4L I went. Then, our new trailer fell apart, which left us with no choice but to make a change. Now, we are back to a light (5,500#) travel trailer, and this new 2010 should be perfect with the Max Tow. Now, I have to work on stopping the high mileage.

I'm going to try to run this truck to about 80k. That should get me to late Spring of 2011. Fingers are crossed. I hate to wait while racking up mileage only for a display and another $200. I do like gadgets, though. What are your thoughts on benefits of the CS or CTS? Do you think a CTS sitting on a dash is desirable to some would-be thieves passing by? I hate to get into removing it every time I park, like a plug 'n play Sirius unit or portable GPS. What do you think?
Old Thu, February 4th, 2010, 09:13 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokewagun View Post
My new one is a Lariat. I wish it was a King Ranch, though. I had the best of intentions to run that truck a few years (of course by now it would have close to 85k on it), but I was forced out of it due to some travel trailer weight issues. Off to a 2008 F-350 6.4L I went. Then, our new trailer fell apart, which left us with no choice but to make a change. Now, we are back to a light (5,500#) travel trailer, and this new 2010 should be perfect with the Max Tow. Now, I have to work on stopping the high mileage.

I'm going to try to run this truck to about 80k. That should get me to late Spring of 2011. Fingers are crossed. I hate to wait while racking up mileage only for a display and another $200. I do like gadgets, though. What are your thoughts on benefits of the CS or CTS? Do you think a CTS sitting on a dash is desirable to some would-be thieves passing by? I hate to get into removing it every time I park, like a plug 'n play Sirius unit or portable GPS. What do you think?
Oh, I definitely think the CTS is an inviting target, just like GPS units and high end sound systems. A couple of things that CAN help might be "Jimijammer" lock protectors on ALL the doors (and the tailgate and hood), to make it harder to enter any part of the vehicle - I think they pretty much have to break a window to get in with those installed. AND, a windshield shade that makes it harder to see what's on the dash, as well as tinted windows).

I've installed Jimijammers and always use a windshield shade when parked. I think though, if I were going to leave it parked in the open for a couple of days, I'd remove my Gryphon.

Benefits of the CS and CTS? Well, the backup camera view is a real plus with the CTS. Being able to monitor 8 PIDs on both is good, I guess. The color screens are nice "eye candy". And, Bill has said there are more parameters that can be tuned with these units, but he has not said what they are.

- Jack
Old Tue, February 9th, 2010, 09:34 AM
Whopper

Well, I ordered an Xcal3 yesterday. As soon as I can get it, I can read the strategies (3) for Bill and get on the list. Oh, I just can't wait. I sure hope Bill gets caught up soon...
Old Wed, March 10th, 2010, 02:01 PM
Triple Whopper with Cheese

martinoledad is on a distinguished road

is there any update on bill helping out edge yet.
Old Fri, March 12th, 2010, 08:59 AM
Whopper Junior

gp1300r is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinoledad View Post
is there any update on bill helping out edge yet.
+1
I need something
Old Sat, March 13th, 2010, 11:19 PM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Corey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of light

If all goes as planned and based upon what Bill learned while he was in Utah, we should be able to release the '09 Gryphon in early April.

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019