Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Fri, January 16th, 2009, 03:02 PM
Whopper

verifine-f-150 is on a distinguished road
Default got my gryphon now what?

i just received my used gryphon and I am trying to load one of the canned tunes on to my truck but the only tunes coming up are 87 Towing, 87 Performance and 93 Performance? Also where do i get my hex code from?

Serial #1270 bought from Joe McClelland
Old Fri, January 16th, 2009, 09:19 PM
Whopper

blackfx4ny is on a distinguished road

Those are the names of the canned tunes. Once you plug in your Gryphon your hex code will come up during the upload process. There are many people on here who know more than I but hopefully that gets you going in the right direction.
Old Sat, January 17th, 2009, 01:32 PM
Whopper

oh really? i thought the second program was a towing tune not a performance tune. Anyone got any ideas
Old Sat, January 17th, 2009, 01:55 PM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

Joel,

From your post (if I understand correctly) you bought the unit used from another customer? if so, then the files on that unit are custom and probably will not work on your vehicle.

If you want to run the canned tuning, you'll need to install Pegasus and run the Gryphon Update Manager to reinstall the "canned tuning" back into the unit.

Also, if you could provide the HEX code that is displayed when you plug the unit in, that would be helpful.

Take care.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Sat, January 17th, 2009, 04:13 PM
Whopper

ok ill tinker with it tonight and report back in the morning thanks bill
Old Sun, January 18th, 2009, 11:39 AM
Whopper

Bill, I just downloaded the pegasus software and when i plug in the programmer it wont allow me to choose the gryphon update manager only the pegasus update manager? Am i doing something wrong
Old Sun, January 18th, 2009, 11:55 AM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

The reason the option doesn't come up is because the unit is not being correctly identified. When the unit is plugged in, does it show "Connected - Type #" in the lower left corner? If not, then either the USB Drivers are not installed correctly or you have a 64 bit OS like XP64 or Vista 64. If you have the standard version of Vista, you may not have disabled the User Account Control (UAC) in the User Account settings.

For more details, please download the installation instructions at:

http://www.phptune.com/Downloads/peg...user_guide.pdf

This should cover most of the questions. If you are still having problems, give us a call tomorrow and we'll get you up and running.

Take care.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Mon, January 19th, 2009, 07:53 PM
Whopper

thanks alot for the help earlier Bill lovin the stock tunes cant wait to get my hands on some of yours