Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Tue, January 27th, 2009, 01:41 AM
Glocks and Goldwings

glockwinger is on a distinguished road
Idea for Gryphon display

Bill,
Thought of an idea that you have probably visited over the years, but I thought I would throw it out there::fuel:

Normally I use the 4 parameter display. Sometimes there are other things that I want to see while driving that requires me to have to change the settings. For instance: if I have RPM, EOT, ECT, and TFT all displayed and I want to see Fuel economy, Air Intake temp, accel pedal position, and Torque converter locked/unlocked...I would have to reprogram all those things into the display (DO NOT DO THIS WHILE DRIVING! obligitory disclaimer )

What if you could set up two pages that could be accessed by pressing the up or down arrow to go between two sets of displayed parameters? Maybe someone wants two different settings for towing and performance and could toggle between the two having them set up in advance between page one and page two? You could have the some of the same parameters on both pages or completely different.

Don't know if it is even feasable, but it is something I have wondered about...:ideaon:

Thanks for reading!

Glockwinger...a.k.a. Phil from Minnesota
Old Tue, January 27th, 2009, 08:31 AM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

That's a great idea! Now, is it possible? (Bill has certainly gotten a lot of mileage out of the basic unit, hasn't he)?

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Tue, January 27th, 2009, 08:33 AM
Member in Sin

SinCityFX4 is on a distinguished road
That is a good idea.
Old Tue, January 27th, 2009, 11:15 AM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

That's not a bad idea at all... just one hitch. The up and down arrows are already tied to the dimming function of the LEDs and the Enter button is tied to resetting Avg Economy.

I've thought about setting up the Enter button as a "Quick Menu" and that might be a solution, but I'd need to figure a way to enter both sets of displays and then how to toggle them.

Always something fun, eh?

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Fri, January 30th, 2009, 12:03 AM
Forge

ClearBlue is on a distinguished road
Default Radio Button Displays

Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Hungry View Post
That's not a bad idea at all... just one hitch. The up and down arrows are already tied to the dimming function of the LEDs and the Enter button is tied to resetting Avg Economy.

I've thought about setting up the Enter button as a "Quick Menu" and that might be a solution, but I'd need to figure a way to enter both sets of displays and then how to toggle them.

Always something fun, eh?
Bill,

Just a quick note on toggling from screen to screen; could you use the double click function that was used on the 1.0 Attitude for toggling screens?

If you could use that function for toggling, then you could set up a [ ] Second Display radio button in the “Display” menu. When entering the “Second Display” menu, you would have a duplicate of the “Setup Digital Displays” which would instead say “Set up Second Display” with a radio or toggle button to enable the second screen. Other than that it would be the same procedure for setting up the second display as it was for setting up the main display.

Just a thought,
ClearBlue

BTW: An introduction is probably necessary for the group. I worked with Bill at Edge Products and was responsible for setting up the hardware for the Attitude 1.5 and implementing the base menu system. I am now on my own preparing to launch a start up business focusing on fuel Economy – Just a note as to who I am. Thanks for reading my post.
Old Fri, January 30th, 2009, 10:21 AM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Sounds like a good possible approach, ClearBlue! Welcome to the forum. Any friend of Bill's is a friend of ours.

- Jack
Old Fri, January 30th, 2009, 10:42 AM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Corey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClearBlue View Post
Bill,

Just a quick note on toggling from screen to screen; could you use the double click function that was used on the 1.0 Attitude for toggling screens?

If you could use that function for toggling, then you could set up a [ ] Second Display radio button in the “Display” menu. When entering the “Second Display” menu, you would have a duplicate of the “Setup Digital Displays” which would instead say “Set up Second Display” with a radio or toggle button to enable the second screen. Other than that it would be the same procedure for setting up the second display as it was for setting up the main display.

Just a thought,
ClearBlue

BTW: An introduction is probably necessary for the group. I worked with Bill at Edge Products and was responsible for setting up the hardware for the Attitude 1.5 and implementing the base menu system. I am now on my own preparing to launch a start up business focusing on fuel Economy – Just a note as to who I am. Thanks for reading my post.
NOW I know who this is! Hey, You. Nice to have you on here. We like nice people, and if they're also SMART -- well, that's just a bonus.

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019
Old Sun, February 1st, 2009, 11:29 AM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClearBlue View Post
Bill,

Just a thought,
ClearBlue

Glad to have you here! It's always nice to have knowledgeable people around.

Thanks for the advice on that. The menuing on the display settings you described I'd had in mind already, but the double-click function might be a cool way to activate the alternate displays.

I was also thinking about a "Quick Menu" from the enter button which would display "Reset Avg. Econ", "Toggle Main Display", and maybe 1 or 2 other functions quick functions. Haven't laid it all out yet, but just assimilating data at this point to see which would be the easiest to implement and the most useful.

Take care.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Sun, February 1st, 2009, 09:22 PM
addicted

kokopellimotorsports is on a distinguished road

Welcome Clearblue, nice to have you here. I look forward to the knowledge that you will bring to the forum.

Like Jack stated earlier, any friend of Bill and Corey's, is also a friend of ours.

Ty

Tuning is addicting. Lol.
Old Tue, February 3rd, 2009, 08:52 PM
Triple Whopper with Cheese

jimmyv13 is on a distinguished road

What about pressing two buttons, up and down arrows for example, simultaneously to bring up the second screen?