Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Thu, February 5th, 2009, 03:00 PM
Let the Mud come!!!

twintips_17 is on a distinguished road

4- When it arrives, we will change the case from the gray/black one to an all black one (Edge had them made for us by the same company that makes theirs). We will also update the firmware at this time. Please be aware that some of the features exclusive to the Gryphon cannot be used on older Evos. Also, if you have a programmer for a 1997-2003 F-150 with version number E3.XX.XX or E4.XX.XX, we cannot adjust the menu. Therefore, on these units, the menu will still read:
Level 1 - Tranny Only
Level 2 - 87 Tow
Level 3 - 91 Performance
even when you have downloaded your custom tunes.

I was reading this from earlier and it says that you can not update the menu to say the name of hte custom tune.

Is this still true???

Im not aware that edge makes a tuner for a 97-03 that is higher than E4.XX.XX or do they.

If they dont would i be able to buy a newer model year edge say for a 2005 and send that to have custom files for my 02 put in it?

I know im hounding you with all sorts of what i think are stupid questions. I just what to do this the right way for me from the start.

Thanks a bunch bill.
Old Thu, February 5th, 2009, 10:18 PM
Let the Mud come!!!

No more thoughts????
Old Thu, February 5th, 2009, 11:54 PM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

Thoughts? This late at night?

The 97-03 now uses part number 15050 with a firmware version of 2.50.5720 and a calibration version of 1.0.5980. These versions have dynamic menus and are ultimately upgradeable as new features come out.

Any Evolution that has a version of E4.xx.xx is old hardware and the firmware is no longer being updated, although calibration updates are still supported on those units.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Fri, February 6th, 2009, 12:07 AM
Let the Mud come!!!

So what build date am i looking after. I really want to do this right the first time. I would rather have the names in the menu. What else changed? Can i adjust the down shift points on the "newer" one?

The part number on mine are both 15050 but i dont reconize any of the other numbers.

Is there any updating i can do????

Where can i find these numbers before i buy my 5th edge??
Old Fri, February 6th, 2009, 12:13 AM

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

Unfortunately, I don't have a cutoff date on those. Also, depending on where you buy them you may not get a new one but some leftover stock instead.

The new 97-03 currently does not offer separate options for downshifts and converter lock/unlock. It is only supported on the 04-08. The reason for this is because it took so long for them to release the firmware on the new hardware platform. It will get added eventually, but it's not a priority right now. The nice thing is that once it is added, it's just a download away.

Keep an eye out for any unit that has a hardware version of 12 or 13 and a cable revision of 4 or 5. These are the latest.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Old Fri, February 6th, 2009, 12:36 AM
Let the Mud come!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Hungry View Post
Unfortunately, I don't have a cutoff date on those. Also, depending on where you buy them you may not get a new one but some leftover stock instead.

The new 97-03 currently does not offer separate options for downshifts and converter lock/unlock. It is only supported on the 04-08. The reason for this is because it took so long for them to release the firmware on the new hardware platform. It will get added eventually, but it's not a priority right now. The nice thing is that once it is added, it's just a download away.

Keep an eye out for any unit that has a hardware version of 12 or 13 and a cable revision of 4 or 5. These are the latest.
If i sold an edge and purchased one of your tuners out right would i get all this?

And if so then what else over my current edge would i get.
Old Fri, February 6th, 2009, 12:38 PM

The only benefit over your current Edge unit, at this time, is the addition of dynamic menu displays to correctly reflect your programs. Trans Temp., T/C Options, and Metric display are all on the slate but not yet available.

Of course, the new units will be online updateable when the new programs are complete, so at least you'll be ready for them.

Take care.

(678) 890-1110

Old Fri, February 6th, 2009, 12:51 PM
Let the Mud come!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Hungry View Post
The only benefit over your current Edge unit, at this time, is the addition of dynamic menu displays to correctly reflect your programs. Trans Temp., T/C Options, and Metric display are all on the slate but not yet available.

Of course, the new units will be online updateable when the new programs are complete, so at least you'll be ready for them.

Take care.
So what your saying is that someone is working on having some of the pid displeys to let you see if your torque converter is locked or not and the trans temp for my model year???

If thats the case im sold.

I was so bumed cuase i want a trany temp guage but it wouldn't fit with the look in my truck aving an extra guage. It would make my life so much easier if thats the case.
Old Sat, February 7th, 2009, 01:01 AM
Let the Mud come!!!

Nothing again??

What is this about acable revision?

SUPERcrew
AF1, EDGE, and EFANS with Magnaflow Exhast SISO.
Expy Console and Rear Seat Swap! Eagle 16's with 285-75/16 ST's
Gryphon Tuner soon to have custom tunes by PHP!