Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Fri, February 13th, 2009, 07:45 PM
working for parts.....

Northern Supercrew is on a distinguished road
Default HP gains?

Man there's alot of great info on this site already i've just thought of a question that i haven't seen posted yet. Maybe someone can give me some numbers on the difference in hp/torque #'s between an 87 perf and 91 perf? Is there like a 10 horse/30 torque difference between them, or is it smaller. I was looking at Bill's dyno chart on the 09's and noticed a 50? torque difference between the stock truck and the perf tune....that's a helluva gain. Just trying to get some info in order to justify getting a 91 perf tune. I don't expect a mileage increase..altho some say they get better mileage on the good stuff. Thanx for any replies. You guys rock.
Old Fri, February 13th, 2009, 08:25 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

You'd have to see the dyno charts, right? Bill HAS said that he'll try to find them, but he's really snowed under right now, so, don't hold your breath.

However, I believe you can infer a lot from the 2009 charts. Yea, the 2009 engine is better in some ways than the older ones (I HOPE they can improve on these things from year to year), but relative differences in different tunes should be proportional. I'd guess you'd see similar gains.

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer