Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Minotaur Automotive Tuning Software

Minotaur Automotive Tuning Software Tune your own 7.3L Diesel! If you have a question or comment about Minotaur? Post it here.

Also, check out our Facebook group: Facebook - Minotaur Tuners

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Fri, April 24th, 2009, 09:18 AM
TIT (Tuner In Training)

soutthpaw has a spectacular aura aboutsoutthpaw has a spectacular aura aboutsoutthpaw has a spectacular aura about
Default Help w/ strange TC/Shift issue with Fuel Sipper tune

I have ran the fuel sipper for a couple days now and its good except it does a strange shift hunting thing at light throttle around 40MPH it shfits up/down/up/down a few times... esp when cruise control is set.. I looked at the up and down shift points in FUNCTIONS and they are way lower than the range it is shifting at... does it with warm and cold tranny... Is there another map or parameter I should look at to adjust. I thought it was a 3-4 4-3 shift issue but I briefly had a chanve to run the AE on it and it looks like the TC is locking and unlocking repeatedly and can't settle on where it wants to be(while its in OD). I notice the 100HP tune has a similar shift curve but slightly higher (about 6mph) so I'm gonna try and see if it still does it using cruise in the 100HP tune...
is the 3-4/4-3 shift with (cruise) labeled like that specific for tuning the cruise control shift points??? it seems logical but I already found out that doesn't mean its correct I really need some time without my kids in the truck to run the AE software as well to see what its really doing... so I can see the throttle position when it does these shifts/ TC lock/unlock... I don't recall the 80HP having that issue though I replaced the 80m spot with the FS tune...
It also seems to lock the TC kind of hard like someone has a tow strap attached and giving it a tug when the TC locks. I can't seem to find what parameter is different from the 80 HP tune so not sure what to try changing
Projects. 1970's Hustler and Max II Amphibious ATV's