Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford Super Duty & Excursion > 1999 to 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel

1999 to 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel equipped Super Duty and Excursion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Thu, April 19th, 2012, 02:05 PM
Whopper Junior

wolve1060 is on a distinguished road
Question Help a new guy out?

Hey guys. I am sure you guys have gotten this a million times but I am fairly new to diesels and was looking for some help. I recently purchased a 2002 ford f-350 7.3 powerstroke. It has a 6" lift with 33's, bullydog cold air intake, 4" turbo back and then 5" cat back, fairly new trans in it and he said he put a shift kit in it as well. I would like to get more power out of it and was looking at getting a 6 position chip for it. I was hoping to get your advice on how you would approach this whether I need custom tunes or what not, or what you would do different and so on. From everything I have been told it is highly recommended to put gauges in the truck before putting a chip in it so one of my buddies has a bullydog watchdog that he is selling and was wondering if you think that would be okay to use or should I get something else. You guys come highly recommended so I figured I would ask the experts. Thanks for your help!