Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Hydra Chip 17-Position Chip

Hydra Chip 17-Position Chip The Power Hungry Performance Hydra Multi-Position Chip is the industry standard for the 7.3L!

Redesigned from the ground up, the Hydra Chip provides Ford owners with a feature packed,
high quality, and low cost alternative to other existing modules on the market today.

Old Sat, November 20th, 2021, 10:07 AM
Whopper Junior

StumpySequoia is on a distinguished road
Default Issues with PATS

2002 Ford Excursion, 7.3L, 4WD

Hey, recently purchased my Hydra from Jelibuilt with standard calabrations and I love it! It's nice to see the truck come alive and the high idle option is nice for the dipping temps

My only issue so far is that unless I select the bypass, 00, before I shut the truck off it will trip the PATS the next time I go start the truck. All I have to do is go to 00 and do the PATS reset and it's all fine, but it's proving to be annoying to have to do this everytime I shut the truck off.

I took the chip out and plugged it into my PC and saw that the PATS option was red at the bottom. Clicked it to change it to the green "PATS Equipped" option, then swapped my 1100 High idle for the 1200 high idle, and removed the 140X from my programs. I slected the program option, then once it was done programming, closed the app, and went to go put the chip back in. BUT I get the same issue.

Is there a step I'm missing to get the chip to play nice with PATS? Thank you for any help in advance
Old Sat, November 20th, 2021, 11:20 AM
Whopper Junior

StumpySequoia is on a distinguished road

So I decided to post online too soon it seems but here and I am. Problem has been corrected.

Since the chip was sent with all the tunes progammed for non-PATS, I had to select 'change' on each tune, and reselect the tune so it was "unprogrammed" and would then be programmed to the chip with PATS compatibility...

There may be an easier way to do this but it was the most direct solution I found since I noticed the high idle option that I changed had "PATS Compatible" next to it suddenly.

Tags
pats