Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Wed, June 16th, 2010, 09:46 PM
Scientist

BigSur will become famous soon enoughBigSur will become famous soon enough
Question Just Received My Grypon - Quick Question

UPS delivered my unit today Will be installing tomorrow.

Does anyody know what the pieces of velcro and metal tab are for....came in the same bag with the plug. I've gone through the install on paper and in my head and am not sure what I might need these for......until I get underway anyways. Anybody know. Help is appreciated.
Old Thu, June 17th, 2010, 04:29 AM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/gryph...ease-read.html
Last post in the thread.

Most of us have found that the pod securely locks into the dash without the use of this piece.

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.

Last edited by 88Racing; Thu, June 17th, 2010 at 05:50 AM.
Old Thu, June 17th, 2010, 07:02 AM
Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88Racing View Post
http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/gryph...ease-read.html
Last post in the thread.

Most of us have found that the pod securely locks into the dash without the use of this piece.
Appreciated 88, as always. I'm hoping I'll be able to do without it as well. It's a little difficult to visualize your instructions w/out pics, but I'm sure I can figure it out if I need it. THanks alot man. I hope to be running on Level 2 by 10am
Old Thu, June 17th, 2010, 07:12 AM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Sorry about no pics.

Good luck and be safe!

Old Thu, June 17th, 2010, 07:15 AM
Scientist

Default Gryphon Manual

Also, someone should make note to inform PHP that there are some typos in the manual, if someone hasn't done that already. I read through it last night and found a few errors, from wrong wording to misinformation. If you look at the tire size calculation scenario, the number in one of the last steps is wrong, making it look like the squish calculation is incorrect (I would be specific but am not looking at it right now). There was another instance I can remember where the word automotive was used in place of automatic (spell check error?) Think there were at least 1 or 2 more as well.

I'm posting this here since I know 88 posts a lot of messages to the "board" and probably has more correspondence with PHP staff. I'm not personally irritated with it, but most would not expect to see typographical or grammatical errors in a manual for a product sold by an established, reputable firm. I write technically for my job and get nailed with this kind of stuff everyday, so it's almost my nature to address it. I'm willing to assist if anyone ever needs writing assistance from me. PHP has been very good to me thus far.
Old Thu, June 17th, 2010, 07:38 AM
SENIOR MODERATOR

Thanx for the input I'll let Corey know.

Old Thu, June 17th, 2010, 07:53 AM
Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88Racing View Post
Thanx for the input I'll let Corey know.
88....one last question before I get underway. Hopefully you get this before I drive today. I know I need to bypass the Custom Options Menu the first time and complete the intitial setup / programming before setting any custom uptions. Can I set my custom options immediate after the initial setup or do I need to drive the vehicle for awhile first? I remember you saying that before....that I should drive 50 miles before changing any custom settings. What I'm worried about is the placeholder values being way off while I'm driving...for gear ratio and tire size...since that will affect drivability, shift points, etc. Additionally, the manual reads as if the custom options can be set immediately after initial setup, you just need to ensure they are skipped the first time. What is your take on this? Thanks in advance.
Old Thu, June 17th, 2010, 09:59 AM
SENIOR MODERATOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSur View Post
88....one last question before I get underway. Hopefully you get this before I drive today. I know I need to bypass the Custom Options Menu the first time and complete the intitial setup / programming before setting any custom uptions. Can I set my custom options immediate after the initial setup or do I need to drive the vehicle for awhile first? I remember you saying that before....that I should drive 50 miles before changing any custom settings. What I'm worried about is the placeholder values being way off while I'm driving...for gear ratio and tire size...since that will affect drivability, shift points, etc. Additionally, the manual reads as if the custom options can be set immediately after initial setup, you just need to ensure they are skipped the first time. What is your take on this? Thanks in advance.
Answered in this other thread.
http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/gryph...l-success.html

Old Thu, June 17th, 2010, 02:19 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSur View Post
Also, someone should make note to inform PHP that there are some typos in the manual, if someone hasn't done that already. I read through it last night and found a few errors, from wrong wording to misinformation.

If you look at the tire size calculation scenario, the number in one of the last steps is wrong, making it look like the squish calculation is incorrect (I would be specific but am not looking at it right now).
Step 3, Page 15. The calculation should be: 427.5 + 431.8 (not 27.5 + 431.8)
Step 5, Page 15. The calculation should be: 2699.6 x 0.97 (not 2599.6 x 0.97)

There was another instance I can remember where the word automotive was used in place of automatic (spell check error?)
Page 16 under Standard Shift Points - wording should be: On automatic transmissions...

Think there were at least 1 or 2 more as well.
Page 4, bottom of page - missing words at end of "disclaimer", add: "contact the manufacturer."
Page 5, last "bullet" paragraph under "Limitation of Warranty" - the word "insured" should be "incurred"
Page 8, 2nd line in paragraph under "ALERTS" - misplaced comma. Should be: ... certain value, you...
Page 15, 2nd paragraph: ...tires' circumference... should be ...tire's circumference...
Page 26, just above first "bulleted" paragraph: You will have to change your phone number here.

...<snip....
Thanks, BigSur - these are ones I've found - I'll direct Corey's attention to them.

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer