Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Mon, April 12th, 2010, 11:20 AM
texas offroading

cody994x4 is on a distinguished road

glad i decided to wait on that one. and yeah it does need to be added to the faq page, i looked there the other day but didnt find it.

thankx for making that clear.

i watched my bat voltage over the weekend and i had a min reading of 13.6 at like 50-55mph, and a high of 14.2 at 60-70mph. most of the time it was between 13.9/14.2.

for what its worth i turned my key on before starting the trk the other day and the voltage was at 12.2.....this morning i noticed it while cranking, it was like 9-9.2.
thankx agn for the info.
Old Mon, April 12th, 2010, 01:05 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by cody994x4 View Post
glad i decided to wait on that one. and yeah it does need to be added to the faq page, i looked there the other day but didnt find it.

thankx for making that clear.

i watched my bat voltage over the weekend and i had a min reading of 13.6 at like 50-55mph, and a high of 14.2 at 60-70mph. most of the time it was between 13.9/14.2.

for what its worth i turned my key on before starting the trk the other day and the voltage was at 12.2.....this morning i noticed it while cranking, it was like 9-9.2.
thankx agn for the info.
The 13.6 at 50-55 mph sounds a bit low to me, unless you are running some fairly high draw devices, possibly a high-powered sound system? The 13.9-14.2 though is certainly a normal reading.

Again, 12.2 seems a bit low to me right after turning the key. I have around 12.4V then (but I'm kind of "nit-picking" here). Again, it depends on what accessories you already have on. I don't think I've ever noticed the voltage while cranking though. I guess I'm always looking at the dash gauges. So, I just went out and watched the Gryphon's voltage reading while cranking. Mine dropped to 10.1V (and my truck started very quickly), so, your battery MAY be getting weak.

- Jack
Old Mon, April 12th, 2010, 01:19 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Load testing is the way to go.
It tests the battery itself instead of guesstimating with the charging system voltage output reading.
JMHO
Peace!

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Mon, April 12th, 2010, 02:40 PM
texas offroading

cody994x4 is on a distinguished road

thankx 88, i do have some small battery issues to adress.
im gonna replace a lead, put the felt protectors on and get my battery pro-rated for a new one at wal-mart.

i have a 52x4watt sony head unit but thats it, im pretty sure my charging sys. is ok

now that i know to unplug the gryph im good to go...
Old Tue, May 18th, 2010, 03:16 PM
Whopper

sadal1up is on a distinguished road

I was a little woried the other day about why my Gryphon was not on I checked the fuse and it was allright,then I got really scared about what might be wrong. I unpluged the obd cord and plugged it back in everything worked again(I didn't care for going back to stock settings either)I will keep an eye on the battery.
Old Tue, May 18th, 2010, 07:54 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadal1up View Post
I was a little woried the other day about why my Gryphon was not on I checked the fuse and it was allright,then I got really scared about what might be wrong. I unpluged the obd cord and plugged it back in everything worked again(I didn't care for going back to stock settings either)I will keep an eye on the battery.
You MAY have a weak battery too. If this "failure" occurred after starting, you most likely had a low voltage condition while cranking, enough to make the Gryphon think it was unplugged. Then, when the voltage came back up due to the alternator, the Gryphon was already plugged in, so it couldn't initialize properly.

Unplugging it and plugging it back in with healthy voltage at the OBD port allows it to reboot properly. I'd have my battery load tested if I were you.

- Jack