Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Sun, May 16th, 2010, 06:44 PM
Cali Gestapo!

Caforddude is on a distinguished road
Default Question about reloading canned tunes

I sold my truck and am selling my gryphon. I had custom tunes and wanted to reset it back to the canned tunes for the new owner.

I went through Pegasus and the gryphon update manager and it said there was new firmware and something else to update. It said it would erase my custom tunes.

I choose that and updated the gryphon so am I to assume the canned tunes were reloaded onto the gryphon?

Old Sun, May 16th, 2010, 07:03 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caforddude View Post
I sold my truck and am selling my gryphon. I had custom tunes and wanted to reset it back to the canned tunes for the new owner.

I went through Pegasus and the gryphon update manager and it said there was new firmware and something else to update. It said it would erase my custom tunes.

I choose that and updated the gryphon so am I to assume the canned tunes were reloaded onto the gryphon?
In [Updates]->[Gryphon Update Manager] if you elected to update the Firmware AND Calibrations, you replaced your custom tunes with Edge's canned tunes.

Your Gryphon should be good for sale. Please PM Corey the Serial Number of your Gryphon so that she knows it's not stolen when the next owner asks for custom tunes.

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Sun, May 16th, 2010, 07:58 PM
Cali Gestapo!

Caforddude is on a distinguished road

gotcha..thanks and will do about the serial number

Old Tue, May 25th, 2010, 02:05 PM
Whopper

agood1 is on a distinguished road

Along the same topic here...
I am going to purchase a programmer from a guy that had customs tunes in it for his 2008 F150 5.4L. Can I run those tunes on my 2006 F150 5.4L? If not, can I just put it back to stock even if I am not the original owner?

If I have to change the tunes, do I have to send it in....or can the new tunes be downloaded?
Old Tue, May 25th, 2010, 03:08 PM
Forum Predator

Longshot270 will become famous soon enough

Definitely put the programmer back to stock. I doubt they are written for the same HEX code but even if they were it might cause some kind of issue.

You can set it back the same way Jack mentioned earlier.

You do not have to send the unit back if it is already a gryphon, just fill out an order form.
Old Tue, May 25th, 2010, 03:13 PM
Whopper

OK so the customs tunes that are in the programmer now are just wasted, and I have to pay to get new ones again, correct?
The guy I am buying from is trying to use the custom tunes in the unit as a selling tool. If I can't use them and have to pay to have them re-done for my truck, then I need to get a better price.
Old Tue, May 25th, 2010, 03:15 PM
Forum Predator

Quote:
Originally Posted by agood1 View Post
OK so the customs tunes that are in the programmer now are just wasted, and I have to pay to get new ones again, correct?
The guy I am buying from is trying to use the custom tunes in the unit as a selling tool. If I can't use them and have to pay to have them re-done for my truck, then I need to get a better price.
Yes

That irritates me when people do that kind of stuff.

Go for it Best to save money when you can.
Old Tue, May 25th, 2010, 03:17 PM
Whopper

OK, how much are custom tunes? Did I read $60 each somewhere?
Old Tue, May 25th, 2010, 03:22 PM
Forum Predator

Yep, $60 each.