Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Sun, April 18th, 2010, 09:16 AM
Whopper Junior

BACAMICK is on a distinguished road
Default edge evo

hi , i read about cai here and i do have 1, a kn with a number 3 on the edge tuner , does that mean ill be running lean ? cant the MAF display (mass air flow) – Used to determine air/fuel ratio::: tell me wats hapning ?
regards mick
Old Sun, April 18th, 2010, 09:19 AM
Whopper Junior

thanks in advance
Old Sun, April 18th, 2010, 02:35 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Mick, welcome to you, from halfway around the world!

The short answer is, you COULD be running lean, but I'm not sure. We need Bill's input on this. I understand you have an F-250, but what year and engine does it have?

The problem with most commercial CAIs is that they change the environment around the MAF sensor, so it can't really give an accurate reading to the PCM. It basically may not be able to "see" the increased airflow, so you can get a lean running engine.

As I said though, I don't have a definitive answer here, because I'm not at all familiar with the effect of a CAI in an F-250. With luck, will get someone on here who knows more. Again, though, what year is your truck and what engine do you have.

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Sun, April 18th, 2010, 07:52 PM
Whopper Junior

sorry about that , its a 2003 5.4
Old Mon, April 19th, 2010, 08:58 AM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

If it's a 5.4L, 2003 model year, it SHOULD be fine. The "lean" problem was most common in the 04-05 models. I think you have a different MAF arrangement. But, you probably aren't getting all that you could out of the truck with the canned tunes.

- Jack