Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Fri, April 23rd, 2010, 11:07 AM
Whopper

danesjewelry is on a distinguished road
Default HOW CAN I BE SURE?

i had an appointment at the dealership to have my computer reflashed and canceled it.before i took out the programmer i made sure there was a zero in upper rightcorner,i removed the cord and removed the pod. how can i be sure it is in the stock program?it runs way better than stock use to. i was afraid to have it reflashed untill i was absolutely positive it is in stock mode. also it shifted better than usual (firmer)
Old Fri, April 23rd, 2010, 11:24 AM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

I think Bill's going to have to answer this one. I do know though, if it shows "0", you are at "stock". I suppose the "stock" that Bill gave you is superior to the one that was on the PCM when it came from the factory. There ARE changes to the stock tunes that come up as a vehicle ages. If Bill gave yu a later version than the one you had, perhaps it is superior.

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Mon, April 26th, 2010, 11:30 AM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

After talking to Bill (who is sitting right in front of me), you ARE NOT in the stock program but you DO have to have the dealer reflash to a new stock program. You are currently in the 87 Performance program and you WILL lose the tune with a reflash. However, it has to be done to give Bill a new base file to build off of.
Old Tue, April 27th, 2010, 08:51 AM
Whopper

danesjewelry is on a distinguished road
Default PLEASE HELP-

1have a 02 f150 4.6l and when i try to switch to my custom-87 perf. tune, it ask me if i want to create a custom program --i choose no,then it tells me to turn key off --then on --then the screen says "no pats identified-on newer vehicles it could cause harm" -do you want to continue? i say no and return it back to zero. can anyone help with this? what am i doing wrong?
Old Tue, April 27th, 2010, 10:10 AM
texas offroading

cody994x4 is on a distinguished road

you need to call/email php and let them know whats going on, your pats isnt being recognized for some reason.
Old Tue, April 27th, 2010, 10:10 AM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

I had to read back through several other threads to figure out what may have happened here.

As I see it, Bill created a "stock" tune for you after the programming failure that also disabled the Passive Anti-Theft System (PATS). It appears to me that the dealer's reflash did not restore the PATS program, so that is what the warning is all about.

My advice to you is DO NOT try to program the truck until you can talk to Bill. It appears something else may need to be done to get things working right again. At least your truck is running - sometimes it's best to just let "sleeping dogs lie". I suspect it CAN be straightened out, given time.

I'll let Bill know this problem is still "open".

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Tue, April 27th, 2010, 10:22 AM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

Bill says that you only need to select "yes" to continue and everything should work afterwards.

(Typing as he's talking to me.)