Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Tue, April 13th, 2010, 11:16 PM
Whopper

bigburg is on a distinguished road
Default Got My Gryphon Today

Just got my Gryphon today and I am lovin it so far. I am running the stock tow tune until my custom tune arrives.
Set up and install was nice and easy. The dash pod fits like a glove and matches my dash pretty good right out of the box.
Downloading the tow tune only took 45 seconds or so. Once it was complete the truck started right on up with no hesitation.
Ok so overall the truck idles a little lower than befor. With the canned tow tune initial throttle response feels unchanged at low speed. But when you give the go peddle a little push the truck comes alive like never befor. Response is more imiadiate and the shift points are much more snappy. On the freeway passing and merging are fun and easy. Downshifts happen right away now and RPM's are held higher for longer.
The user interface is simple and straight forward. Setting everything up was easy and so far all info such as RPM, MPH and fuel usage seem accurate but I will continue to check.
If the custom tunes are as good as everyone says I will be like a kid on x mass day.
One question, what is the second connector for on the wire harness.
Old Wed, April 14th, 2010, 05:47 AM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Glad to here the good news and that you like it!
The idle should pick up after awhile. What has happened is the pcm has gotten new calibrations and limits it has to relearn and sometimes a lower idle is a result of this. Another thing is to inspect the throttle body if its dirty and gunky that could be the other reason.
The extra plug on the cord isn't for the gas F150 application, so don't worry about it.
Peace!

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Sun, April 18th, 2010, 01:37 PM
Whopper

bigburg is on a distinguished road

It has been a few days and I have found myself looking for any reason to drive my truck. It no longer feels like a truck with over 110,000 miles on it. I have already grown to love the ability to monitor all the temps.
One thing I have found is that my battery needs to be replaced as I have gone out to start in the mornin and she almost did not crank over.
I saw a guy who posted and said he got his custom tunes in 3 weeks, maybe just maybe I will be that lucky too. If not no big deal as I know you can not rush perfection from the mad doctor.
I have seen MPG go down but I know that is due to me layin into to skinny pedal so much more now. Maybe when the newness wears off I will slow down and get more MPG's.
Gryphon Custom 92 Tow & Custom 87 Perf, Magnaflow SI/DO, Air Raid CAI
Old Mon, April 19th, 2010, 02:23 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

FYI
The canned level 2 runs a little richer.
The heavy foot syndrome will wear off sooner or later and you will get some of your mpg's back then too!
Good luck.
Have fun.
But by all means be safe!
Peace!

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Wed, April 21st, 2010, 01:49 PM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

Yeah... gotta wear the "shiny" off of it and things will settle back in. Glad you're enjoying it.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!