Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Wed, June 2nd, 2010, 03:55 PM
Whopper

bigredrig is on a distinguished road
Default error 150

I just spent the last few days putting my long tube headers on my truck. What an experience. I set the truck back to stock, or so I thought, because a had to disconnect the battery to remove the starter. I just finished putting the truck back together fired it up to check for leaks and my programmer is showing error 150 contact tech support. What is this error message and what can I do to fix it?
Old Wed, June 2nd, 2010, 05:03 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Try this:
The "Error 150" occurs when the Gryphon is trying to communicate with the PCM and can't. If the cable is not faulty, a common reason for this is that the key was not in the "ON" position when the unit reboots, as it will try to do when first plugged in to the OBDII port.

To remedy, simply turn the ignition key to the "ON" position, without starting the truck, disconnect the OBDII cable from below the dash, and then reconnect. If the PCM's calibration (HEX) code displays, the problem should be resolved. If not, contact PHP for assistance.

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Wed, June 2nd, 2010, 05:45 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

And, bigredrig, just as an FYI to you and everyone else: Having to disconnect the battery is NOT a reason to set your truck back to stock. You did not need to do that at all.

There are really only 4 situations when you should return your truck's tune to stock:
1. Take the truck to the dealer for service. They sometimes "flash" the PCM to correct problems with the "stock" tune and the stock tune needs to be there to avoid problems.
2. Need to update the firmware or other information on the programmer via a PC. Return your truck to stock before you do this.
3. Return the programmer to the manufacturer or tuner to correct device problems.
4. Sell the programmer to someone else or want to use it on another vehicle. As long as there's a "tune" programmed into YOUR truck, the programmer is married to your truck and will not work on any other vehicle! (Note: if your programmer has custom tunes, they will not work on another vehicle.)
Just leave the current tune alone in all other cases.

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Wed, June 2nd, 2010, 06:00 PM
Whopper

bigredrig is on a distinguished road

Thanks guys. I will try unplugging the cable.