Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Everything Else > The Conversation Pit

The Conversation Pit This is where EVERYTHING else goes. No subject is too mundane. How's the weather in your area? Did your kid cut his first tooth? Really, what do you think about the President? And don't get me started on Cummins and Duramaxes. Have at it!

Closed Thread

Old Thu, January 7th, 2010, 10:22 AM
BROKE

907DAVE will become famous soon enough

Tail light circuit board, exterior door handles, front differential actuator, Transfer case clutch pack's, Transfer case encoder motors.
Old Thu, January 7th, 2010, 01:30 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

Encoder sensors on 03-07 trucks.
Old Thu, January 7th, 2010, 10:27 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

6.0L manufactured before 2003 developed piston slap at relatively low miles.

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Fri, January 8th, 2010, 07:03 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88Racing View Post
6.0L manufactured before 2003 developed piston slap at relatively low miles.
All of the LS series engines did. However, I think that the 3.1L V6 was GM's first introduction of mass-produced piston slap when they redesigned the short-skirt pistons in '96 or so.

I have had the unfortunate pleasure of telling hundreds of worried or irritated customers that "the sound is normal". They didn't care much for that.
Old Fri, January 8th, 2010, 10:24 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Steering column rattle in c/k series. 2003-2005
Steering linkage issues in c/k series. 2003-2005
I forget what their called but in the lumina body series the rear brake adjuster would sieze up and you'd have to replace the whole dam assembly.

Old Fri, January 8th, 2010, 10:35 PM
BROKE

Should we do one for Ford?

Old Fri, January 8th, 2010, 11:00 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by 907dave View Post
Should we do one for Ford?
I thought that's what this forum is about!!!

Old Wed, January 13th, 2010, 08:52 PM
Baconator

BlackSTX is on a distinguished road

Hey, they all have some issues; some more than others. When I worked Ford parts, the list wasn't a whole lot shorter; though I can admit they fixed some things pretty quickly, or kept trying to until they got it right. Over my time at the last dealership, the list of common things became shorter, which meant they were staring to get things right.

On the other hand, they didn't do such a good job with Jaguar. The early X-Type list would have looked more like the entire parts catalogue; including the "A" pillars and rockers that would rot out on the early production years.

Current mods: AEM Bruteforce CAI, Magnaflow SI/DO, Gryphon-87 & 93 tunes, Harley head lamps, tinted windows, lower grille filler, and FX2 lower valance.
Old Wed, January 13th, 2010, 09:13 PM
BROKE

Exactly! I think the difference between GM and other manufactures, is that the others will admit to their mistakes and find a better way. Where GM seems to turn a blind eye and ignore their faults and just keep on truckin. Now I am not saying the "others" don't have any faults, but they do have the ability to learn from their mistakes and move on.
Closed Thread