Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford Super Duty & Excursion > 1994˝ to 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel

1994˝ to 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel equipped F-Series and F-Super Duty

Old Sun, January 25th, 2009, 06:23 PM
Stroker

Crzycrazycarl is on a distinguished road
Default Fuel Milage

So, I am seriously consindering buying one of these php chips. What kind of fuel milage can I expect with the fuel sipper mode. I am running a straight pipe and have a k &n air filter. Any help is appreciated.
Old Sun, January 25th, 2009, 06:58 PM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Corey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of light

If you can keep the pedal from touching the floor , you should see gains of about 2-4mpg with our Fuel-Sipper™ calibration!

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019
Old Mon, January 26th, 2009, 12:54 AM
Bacon King

bbbxcursion is on a distinguished road

It's all up to the driver. I never had good economy because it felt WAY to good to push that skinny pedal to the floor!
Old Mon, January 26th, 2009, 08:25 AM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Corey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of light

I think it must be a guy thing. I get about 2-3mpg better fuel economy when I drive our Expy than when Bill is behind the wheel.

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019
Old Mon, January 26th, 2009, 08:48 AM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

My wife tends to get worse mileage than I do. Then again, she owns a 92 Subaru Loyale (maybe 60 HP) and LOVES to feel the rush of powah that the PSD affords. I've never really had a gutless vehicle so I can't feel her pain...although I get so frustrated when I have to drive her car.

As far as mileage on a 94-97 PSD goes, it's not uncommon to gain 3-4 MPG highway. I tuned a 97 Manual that went from 14 to 18 (when driven nicely) and have a couple copies of that tune running around at this time. If you're driving around town or have a heavy right foot then all bets are off!
Old Mon, February 2nd, 2009, 11:36 AM
Tuner NON-extraordinaire

secondarychaos has a spectacular aura aboutsecondarychaos has a spectacular aura about

My last vehicle was a 84 honda accord...
I mash my pedal at least once a trip... usually more LOL
Not to mention the fact that the grants are ridiculous and you have to be in very specific categories to qualify - Male, between the ages of 41 and 42, who rides a unicycle to work, has a baby rhino for a pet, and only eats pork fried rice all day.
Old Thu, February 26th, 2009, 04:04 AM
Whopper Junior

Fullcrew is on a distinguished road

2-4 mpg is pretty good.
Old Sun, November 1st, 2009, 07:31 PM
Double Whopper

bamboo is on a distinguished road

For you OBS'ers how many Miles per tank? I'm only seeing 220miles per tank, Which is 15Gallons I think
want to try and improve mileage if can.

figure I post it here instead of making a new thread
Old Mon, November 2nd, 2009, 09:15 PM
Duty, Honor, Country

ChuckD will become famous soon enough

I switch over at 1/4 tank and generally at 250-275 in town driving. We will see what happens when that big brown truck comes tomorrow or the next day. The best I have gotten in town was 22.8, I average 18.5-19.5 most of the time. If my OD is acting up as it has been lately again then I am down to around 15 in town. My best on the highway was 22 and I was driving 75-85 across TX, with an 800 lb. jet ski in the back. Towing boats up to Vegas I get 16, towing the camper up the mountain and get 17. Best advice I can give on getting good mpg's is stay out of boost and stay under 2K rpms. Take off easy at stop lights or signs and let out of it alot sooner when your coming to one. Just doing that you will see an improvemont in mpg's.
2004 Explorer Limited
A veteran is someone who, at one point in one's life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life'. That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -Author Unknown
Old Mon, November 2nd, 2009, 11:37 PM
Double Whopper

bamboo is on a distinguished road

Well Im getting like 14.5 mpg

One problem is the new set of tunes I got are really touchy, Driveability has gone down so I cant control the throttle nearly as much as I'd like to But all in due time
I'm hoping it can be smoothed out with tuning, I sometimes wonder if my pedal is messed up or something..

What kine gears you have?