Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford Super Duty & Excursion > 2003 to 2007 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel

2003 to 2007 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel equipped Super Duty and Excursion

Old Thu, July 1st, 2010, 07:47 AM
Double Whopper

Farmer11 is on a distinguished road

The hybrid strategy i have from PHP right now is the best i have had. add that with a rolled back ecm,tcm my mileage has jumped from around 13 to 16-18. thats well worth it in my mind. And when pulling my gooseneck i went from 8 to almost 10.
Old Thu, July 8th, 2010, 10:03 AM
Whopper Junior

papachuck is on a distinguished road

I have a 2003 with 135000mi, SCT with Erics Extreme Race. I have had 1 injector replaced. Still on the stock headgaskets, original turbo and trans.
The strategy codes I get off my SCT are VXANON2 and TQATOA3, is there going to be a noticable differance to rolling back or should I just get the FICM reprogrammed?
Old Mon, July 19th, 2010, 04:59 PM
SICKS LITER RACING

SICKS-O is on a distinguished road

can someone tell me what ficm calibration id a truck would have with tear tag code TTP1 or KYN1
Old Tue, July 20th, 2010, 12:14 AM
Whopper

cartmanea is on a distinguished road

I have the VXAP1 strategy on my '03, which is the 06E17 flash update which eliminated the EBP sensor. When I bought my truck wrecked, the PCM had a corner broken off of it and I JB Welded it back on, works fine. I did purchase one off Ebay as a spare and ran it briefly, it has an early strategy, either VXAM0 or VXAN0, can't remember which. A few questions.

1. Does this use the EBP sensor?
2. Which TEC # is it?
3. Is there anything special contained in the PCM (VIN, etc) which would prevent me from running the other PCM full time without issues? Do they enter build info when flashing (4x4, etc) or is it the same flash for all 6.0L Automatic trucks?

Thanks!
Old Tue, July 20th, 2010, 08:28 PM
Spark Plug Inhibited

Jeremy is on a distinguished road

I switch them around all the time...here are a few issues I've run into.

Vin numbers are different, and it pisses off the emission station people.

03 only work on 03's. 04's only work on 04's trucks and 05 excursions. A 03 truck will start, run and drive with a 04 PCM, and vise versa, but there are few things that are different. One of them is engine fan circuit, and the Tow/haul indicator won't work.

Some trucks do not have 4 wheel ABS, usually cheaper XL's.

Swapping a 05 to a newer truck works, but a 06-07 to a 05 can cause issues if the 05 was one of the ones built w/o a MAF sensor.

One thing I've noticed when going back in programming is the trucks that get programmed to ignore the EBP can run like crap after they get flashed back because they need a new EBP. One of those deals where that was the dealer fix ....."just flash it"

As for the other questions....We'll have to wait for Bill or Cody to answer.
00 F-350 7.3, 12 Speed, PHP Gryphon, PHP hydra, DAC3
95 F-Superduty 7.3 DI, Auto, Mechanics Truck
94 F-Superduty 7.3 DI, 5 speed, Flatbed
Old Tue, July 20th, 2010, 10:00 PM
Whopper

Good info, thanks.
Old Wed, July 21st, 2010, 07:04 AM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

I'll ask Bill today about this and give you an answer shortly.
Old Wed, July 21st, 2010, 10:05 AM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

papachuck-

If you haven't lost any mileage or had a reflash that killed your mileage, then you aren't going to see much difference if any with a rollback or FICM reflash.

SICKS-O-

Without the actual calibration contained in the FICM, it's impossible to say. However, if the boxes haven't been flashed then the VXC4H2 (TTP1) and the KYN1 (which is the calibration just previous to the TTP1) are good.

cartmanea-

The VXAM0 and VXAN0 are not assigned TEC numbers. The TEC number started with VXAN7. Both the VXAN and VXAM used the EBP sensor instead of inferred numbers. The VXAPs started the garbage EBP strategies.
Old Wed, July 21st, 2010, 11:09 AM
Whopper

Thanks, I'll swap the early strategy in and see if my PowerMax turbo works better with the EBP sensor being used.
Old Thu, July 22nd, 2010, 08:12 AM
Whopper Junior

papachuck is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the information.