Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Hydra Chip 17-Position Chip

Hydra Chip 17-Position Chip The Power Hungry Performance Hydra Multi-Position Chip is the industry standard for the 7.3L!

Redesigned from the ground up, the Hydra Chip provides Ford owners with a feature packed,
high quality, and low cost alternative to other existing modules on the market today.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Mon, April 19th, 2021, 07:41 PM
Whopper Junior

2001Excursion is on a distinguished road
Default Hydra custom tunes for upgraded performance injectors.

Hey All,

Question, I'm in need of sourcing custom tunes for upgraded performance injectors. Over the years, I've heard Bill from PHP getting mentioned the most for tunes being on point.

Being that I have PMR's (I may get another block with forged rods as a build back up), I'm looking at 180/30's SS or 238/80's hybrids from Rosewood. The latter is due to tuning them down while currently on PMR's and opening them up post block swap down the road.

Not my DD, but often gets driven enough. 01' excursion 4x4 6" lift with 38's
Big air filter, Garrett GTP38R, 4" downpipe, triple gauges (Temp, Pyro, boost),Bulletproof 4r100 (w/Triple disk convertor), 3.73 gears, Rotella T6 oil only, 6.0 Trans cooler and Diesel Kleen Cetane boost in every tank.

I don't drive it like it's a rental, but do like to pass quickly. I told the wife this is THE last truck I'll ever buy (And she knows how much trucks cost now a days), so it'll need to last to at least 1mm miles .

@Bill can you assist with safe PMR tunes for either of the injector choices above? Also, would you go with another injector choice and vendor? I'm local and can swing by.