Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > General Vehicle Related Topics > Performance Modifications and Other Conversations

Performance Modifications and Other Conversations This is a place where we can have real, honest discussions about all things performance related.

Whether it's power adders, engine parts, configurations, injectors, tuning, or whatever else you can thing of, let's talk about it!

Old Sat, April 24th, 2010, 09:49 AM
electro-mechanical geek

eabrust is on a distinguished road
Default Any opinions on gauges?

Hi all,

Looking for anyone's opinions on gauges, particularly for fuel and oil pressure in the diesels.

I plan on using the Evolution/Gryphon to keep tabs on pyro, ECT, boost, and tranny temp. I'm not running modified except for EGR delete and maybe an exhaust later (6.0L).

I would like to add at least two gauges to keep an eye on both fuel and oil pressure, if nothing else to keep tabs on those, and keep from killing injectors should the fuel pump ever start to fail. or filter plug up. My current plan would be to use a two (or three) gauge pod up on the windshield (near the rearview mirror) for these. Anyone else have any opinions on mounting?

Does anyone have any input on make/models of gauges for this purpose (0-100 psi fuel and oil gauges with electrical sender units). Do any have the ability to set an alarm, say if fuel pressure gets below 50 psi (similar to what the Evo can do with certain parameters)? Any opinions on best vendor to buy from, and anybody include these gauges and pod as a kit?

Thanks for any opinions.

Eric
EGR deleted
Bypass coolant and oil filters
4" Turboback
Old Tue, April 27th, 2010, 11:18 AM
texas offroading

cody994x4 is on a distinguished road

auto meter gauges are the best. they have many styles/options
autometer.com