Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Upgrade your Evo

Upgrade your Evo Upgrade your Edge Evolution to a Gryphon Programmer to allow for custom tuning and additional functionality.

Due to issues with the cable failures due to incompatible versions of firmware, we do not offer upgrades
or tuning for the 1997-2003 F-Series gas or 7.3L diesel trucks. We recommend using another platform.

Old Mon, March 19th, 2012, 11:57 AM
Whopper Junior

MikeD is on a distinguished road
Help UpGrading to Gryphon Evo

Hey, I'm currently new to joining this forum and currently on a f150 2007 5.4L with an Edge Evo I would like to get upgraded to a Gryphon and have tried to call serveral times, knowing ya'll are probably very busy so I'm going to try and give this a try. I currently just have a K&N 77-2556KP intake and flowmaster dual exhaust running on the stock piping and with 275/65R20 tires and 3.73 gearing and would like to run an 87 towing and 87 performance just for a little more improvement? and would like to hear your suggestions? Mostly as daily driver in the city and long road trips, occassionally hauling trailers. Would like to maintain some of both worlds- get and go/with fuel savings? Also turn around time for custom tuning and the proccess.

Thanks MikeD
Old Mon, March 19th, 2012, 02:02 PM
Forum Predator

Longshot270 will become famous soon enough

Both 87 tunes will give you an improvement. I have found that the tow tunes make better daily drivers but the performance tunes are more fun. Mileage depends greatly on your driving style. The tow tune makes it easier to obtain better mileage because it is designed to effectively operate with loads. That helps to get these big bricks on wheels moving and maintaining speed easier and more efficiently. The performance tunes allow the vehicle to be more agile in traffic. They make it easier to jump from slow lanes to faster lanes with better acceleration.
Old Wed, April 4th, 2012, 11:29 AM
Whopper Junior

MikeD is on a distinguished road

Hey Thanks for the input, I have normally kept my Evo in tow most of the time any ways, but thougt it was time for a performance tune to get the full use of it.
Old Wed, April 4th, 2012, 04:25 PM
Whopper

06F150CFCT is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeD View Post
Hey Thanks for the input, I have normally kept my Evo in tow most of the time any ways, but thougt it was time for a performance tune to get the full use of it.
Yeah thats exactly my scenario. 2006 FX4 with an Edge. Flowmaster SI/DO and AFE Stage II CAI with 35" Nitto Trails. I always use the '2' or Tow on my Edge. 2 nights ago I ordered an 87 performance from PHP and cannot wait to get it and see the improvement (hopefully there will be).
Old Tue, April 10th, 2012, 11:23 AM
Whopper

widj64 is on a distinguished road

so what's the fastest way to convert edge evo stock to gryphon and how much? do we have to send the unit?
Old Thu, April 19th, 2012, 01:31 PM
Learjet Driver

CaptFX4 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06F150CFCT View Post
Yeah thats exactly my scenario. 2006 FX4 with an Edge. Flowmaster SI/DO and AFE Stage II CAI with 35" Nitto Trails. I always use the '2' or Tow on my Edge. 2 nights ago I ordered an 87 performance from PHP and cannot wait to get it and see the improvement (hopefully there will be).
What order form did you use? I would like to get my evo upgraded and add some custom tunes as well.

I can't seem to find it.
Old Thu, April 19th, 2012, 01:41 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptFX4 View Post
What order form did you use? I would like to get my evo upgraded and add some custom tunes as well.

I can't seem to find it.
I think its this one>>> https://fs21.formsite.com/Power_Hung...ure_index.html

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Thu, April 19th, 2012, 08:25 PM
Learjet Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88Racing View Post
I did see that form but I don't think its the one I need.

It says "This is the form to order custom calibrations for an Evolution Programmer or for an Evolution Programmer that has already been upgraded to a Gryphon for the purpose of custom tuning."

I just have an Evo that has not been upgraded yet.
Old Sat, April 21st, 2012, 03:32 PM
Whopper

Flats1 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptFX4 View Post
I did see that form but I don't think its the one I need.

It says "This is the form to order custom calibrations for an Evolution Programmer OR for an Evolution Programmer that has already been upgraded to a Gryphon for the purpose of custom tuning."

I just have an Evo that has not been upgraded yet.
That is the right form for both read it again it says evolution OR one that has already been upgraded to a gryphon.
Old Sun, April 22nd, 2012, 07:08 PM
Learjet Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flats1 View Post
That is the right form for both read it again it says evolution OR one that has already been upgraded to a gryphon.
sorry about that

Its amazing what the eyes see and how the mind doesn't comprehend sometimes. I guess I was reading it too fast.

Time to get my order in.

Thanks!!

Capt