Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Everything Else > Prayer Requests

Prayer Requests Let's face it -- there are times when everyone could use a few extra prayers coming their way. Feel free to post about prayers needed for yourself, family, friends, and anyone else!

Old Fri, November 13th, 2009, 11:28 PM
Cali Gestapo!

Caforddude is on a distinguished road

I ain't a doctor but when my son and I went down with it I started shoveling Vitamin C down my daughters throat.

She ended up with it anyways but where my boy and I down for a week each, she was two days and back to normal.

The family will be on a Vit C regimen for the rest of the winter.

Old Sat, November 14th, 2009, 08:09 AM
TIT (Tuner In Training)

soutthpaw has a spectacular aura aboutsoutthpaw has a spectacular aura aboutsoutthpaw has a spectacular aura about

both of my kids had the H1N1 flu earlier this year.. it came on real quick but they beat it quick too. Doc said that kids are seeming to get the more mild effects and the adults are getting it worse.... take care and get well soon. Oh and everyone should call congress and tell them to pass the health care reform so that you guys can get health insurance...
Health care should be a right not a privilege...
Projects. 1970's Hustler and Max II Amphibious ATV's
Old Sat, November 14th, 2009, 10:02 AM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by soutthpaw View Post
both of my kids had the H1N1 flu earlier this year.. it came on real quick but they beat it quick too. Doc said that kids are seeming to get the more mild effects and the adults are getting it worse.... take care and get well soon. Oh and everyone should call congress and tell them to pass the health care reform so that you guys can get health insurance...
Health care should be a right not a privilege...
Ditto on that! I'm just a tiny bit surprised to hear you saying that though, knowing you come from the land of the most "conservative", primitive thinking I've ever seen. Just shows there's real intelligence to be found everywhere.

Sorry, everyone, I don't mean to step on anyone's toes. :o The whole health care issue is a complicated one. I'd just like people like Corey and Bill to have access to affordable health care. They are not "leaches" on society, as some in Congress would have you believe.

- Jack
Old Sat, November 14th, 2009, 07:28 PM
TIT (Tuner In Training)

soutthpaw has a spectacular aura aboutsoutthpaw has a spectacular aura aboutsoutthpaw has a spectacular aura about

Oh are you referring to Colorado Springs.. home of Focus on the Family, Good ol' Ted Haggart (new life church) etc... by the way he was on the news last night. Guess you all kicked him out of AZ and now he is back here claiming he is "cured" (dude needs to just admit he is gay and a drug addict, Quit using the Devil and God and Religion as excuses...) and starting a new prayer group that has bout 100 people in it so far...

Actually we are really a Military town so there is a lot of Variety here... our county even voted Democrat for president after being a long time republican county...

I think Obama nailed it when he said that health care reform is not a democrat issue or a republican issue, its an American issue... Look who is now supporting the legislation... AARP and the American Medical Association... did ya know that something like 59% of all small business bankruptcies are related to medical expenses and causes.... Not sure how Republicans can champion themselves as the pro small business party and yet be against health care for every one...
Projects. 1970's Hustler and Max II Amphibious ATV's
Old Sun, November 15th, 2009, 09:30 AM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

You're right, I WAS referring to Colorado Springs, but I kind of lump Fountain, Monument, Black Forest, Security, Palmer and all the rest of the suburbs into that pile. Reading the Rocky Mountain News is like being transported onto a different planet.

But, you're right about it being a military town too.

What I can't understand is what's fueling all the development there. All the surrounding farmland is being swallowed up by huge tracts of houses and malls. And, a lot of those houses are BIG ones too. Somebody's got money, and it certainly isn't my Sister or her friends.

- Jack
Old Mon, November 16th, 2009, 06:03 AM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Corey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of light

Boys are much better. Going back to the doctor today. Looks like pneumonia.

Yes, the whole health insurance thing sucks. I'm not sure what the right answer is, but I know it's not what's being tossed around Congress! We can get health insurance -- Blue Cross, in fact -- for a mere $1700/month. Due to my psoriasis, we get tossed into the highest bracket. Stupid part is if I were to actually use the insurance, my premiums could go up ... well, our insurance broker said it best: "I've never seen it go up more than 40%." Ludicrous. Meanwhile, we spent about $600 at the doctor and for prescriptions last week. Another chest x-ray, appt., and meds... I'm thinking that today should be a $250 minimum. Sure wish we'd won at the craps table!

Am currently up getting Gryphons ready to ship. Processed another ten orders, too. I'll get in the office as much as I can, but the steroids are making me feel like crap and the whole not-being-able-to-breathe-thing is keeping me exhausted.

Thanks for prayers and good wishes! We are very thankful for our wonderful friends!

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019
Old Mon, November 16th, 2009, 04:26 PM
Cali Gestapo!

Caforddude is on a distinguished road

I'll just say glad to hear your family is on the mend Corey.

As to the healthcare debate....I had probably better just keep my opinion to myself.