Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Upgrade your Evo

Upgrade your Evo Upgrade your Edge Evolution to a Gryphon Programmer to allow for custom tuning and additional functionality.

Due to issues with the cable failures due to incompatible versions of firmware, we do not offer upgrades
or tuning for the 1997-2003 F-Series gas or 7.3L diesel trucks. We recommend using another platform.

Old Thu, June 9th, 2011, 12:03 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longshot270 View Post
Cody, why not make a video of all the features and how to make them work?
Because I am a total computer dumb ***. I can make folders, copy, paste, and empty the recycle bin. That's about it.

I wouldn't have the first clue about how to go about making a video and putting it on the 'net.
Old Wed, June 29th, 2011, 02:15 PM
CAD Guy

Wile_E is on a distinguished road
Default Custom tunes....?

What's the best way to check on my custom tunes? I hate to bug anyone, since I know they are busy, but I received my Gryphon early in May and am getting anxious to have the good stuff.

Should I just be patient? Should I try and call the shop? With my luck I'll call the shop and interrupt them working on my tunes!

Thanks.
Old Wed, June 29th, 2011, 02:46 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

I see your hex in your user profile....maybe post it in this link>>>http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/give-...-ecm-tcm-code/

I didn't see it in there of course I didn't look real hard either......

Just have patience.....

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Wed, June 29th, 2011, 03:44 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wile_E View Post
What's the best way to check on my custom tunes? I hate to bug anyone, since I know they are busy, but I received my Gryphon early in May and am getting anxious to have the good stuff.

Should I just be patient? Should I try and call the shop? With my luck I'll call the shop and interrupt them working on my tunes!

Thanks.
Please do what 88Racing said. You need to start a thread, and the title needs to be your name! In that thread, you tell PHP your hex/calibration code and the programmer's Serial Number (S/N). As 88 said, this is where you start that thread: Power Hungry Performance Forum

They'll see it as a new post and Bill will be able to write your tunes.

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Wed, June 29th, 2011, 04:02 PM
CAD Guy

Default Custom tunes

I posted the HEX code etc. as you suggested in the other location. One thing - I can't seem to find a serial number... I found:

Bootloader v1.00b
Product E3.22.99
Firmware 24
Hex file RXCM5C4

Is this sufficient? If you can point me at the location for the serial number I will edit to include that.

Thanks again
Old Wed, June 29th, 2011, 04:09 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
I posted the HEX code etc. as you suggested in the other location. One thing - I can't seem to find a serial number... I found:

Bootloader v1.00b
Product E3.22.99
Firmware 24
Hex file RXCM5C4

Is this sufficient? If you can point me at the location for the serial number I will edit to include that.

Thanks again
Its usually on the back of the unit on a sticker or on your invoice.
By using pegasus you should be able to see it also

You can also use this helpful sticky I wrote>>>http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/gryph...ease-read.html

Old Wed, June 29th, 2011, 04:30 PM
CAD Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88Racing View Post
Its usually on the back of the unit on a sticker or on your invoice.
By using pegasus you should be able to see it also

You can also use this helpful sticky I wrote>>>http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/gryph...ease-read.html

Interesting. There is no serial number listed in the diagnostics - only the info I posted. Also - I pulled the tuner out of the pod and there is no sticker on it... My invoice number is 4505. Does that help? I will pull the unit out and see about getting connected to Pegasus when I get home tonight.

I should have done this 6 weeks ago when I got the tuner back, but since the HEX Code was shown on the Invoice I made the assumption that they had what they needed. My mistake.
Old Wed, June 29th, 2011, 05:58 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

Quote:
Interesting. There is no serial number listed in the diagnostics - only the info I posted. Also - I pulled the tuner out of the pod and there is no sticker on it... My invoice number is 4505. Does that help? I will pull the unit out and see about getting connected to Pegasus when I get home tonight.

I should have done this 6 weeks ago when I got the tuner back, but since the HEX Code was shown on the Invoice I made the assumption that they had what they needed. My mistake.
I'm going to assume your serial number may be 4505 since its an upgrade IDK?

Old Wed, June 29th, 2011, 06:15 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

I would use the invoice number. It's a way for PHP to tie the hex code to you, and, when your tunes are ready, Pegasus looks for them on PHP's server using your S/N. So, now please put all that in a thread (your name as the title) as we suggested.

I know it seems like you're being asked to do a lot, but Bill and Corey are very busy and they've settled on this approach as the way to keep from being confused by possibly conflicting input.

And, I just realized, since you're talking about an "older model" Gryphon, you can run Pegasus on your PC, and when it's running, plug your Gryphon in. Once Pegasus connects to your Gryphon, it will show your S/N on the information line at the bottom of the Pegasus window. Make CERTAIN you've set your truck back to stock before you try to connect the Gryphon to your PC!

And, you could also see if perhaps your tunes ARE done, but you just didn't get notified. Click on [Updates]->[Download Custom Tunes]. It the tunes are ready, they'll be installed. If not, they won't be found.

Edit: I see you've started the thread as we asked. Go ahead and try Pegasus to find the S/N. You can edit your post to add it. You'll need to have Pegasus working properly to download your tunes in any case, so now's a good time to check that it installed correctly.

- Jack
Old Thu, June 30th, 2011, 07:10 PM
CAD Guy

Help No Joy SN 91620141

Ok. Here's the story so far:

I returned my truck to stock tune when I got home. I brought the tuner in, started Pegasus (I installed Pegasus when I got the tuner last month) and Pegasus immediatly updated itself. After that, I pluged my tuner in to the computer. It connected without issue. I recorded the serial number as requested. I checked for custom tunes at that point. A fairly lengthy download / update process took place. My assumption was that my tunes were indeed ready since this happened.

I finished the computer part of the process, and then took the unit out to my truck. I turned the key on and connected it, and the Gryphon came alive as usual. Then I went to set the tune up to level 3 - my usual - and hoped that it was custom, but it appeared to be unchanged from stock. When I finished, I hit done. I was instructed to turn the key off, and then after the key was off I ws instructed to turn the key on without starting, as always.

The unit said "reading VID".

That's as far as it got. I left it for 45 minutes. Really. 45 minutes. The display never changed. I had to use my vehicle, so I had to take a chance and disconnect the tuner.

My truck started, thank goodness. A short drive indicates that it is working in stock mode

I don't want to seem impatient, but I am sure you can understand my frustration.

Please advise. Do I need to post this somewhere else? I considered the emergency forum I saw...

Thank you.

ETA - I connected to Pegasus again this afternoon (Sat). The software updated again. Then I connected my Gryphon just for fun. When I tried to update it it gave me an error message saying I need to contact the vendor. I will see what I need to do on Tuesday or Wednesday to get in touch with them. Is a phone call to the shop the best thing? It sounds like email is hard for them to do and get any work done at the same time, which I understand. Can I send someone my cell phone number so they can call me when it's convenient for them?

Again, thanks to those of you who are helping me out.

Last edited by Wile_E; Sat, July 2nd, 2011 at 03:00 PM. Reason: Updating my tuner information