Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Sat, December 10th, 2011, 10:42 AM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

So, if the cigar lighter works, (not the "power point", which is a different fuse), then there is possibly a cable failure to the Gryphon. What year is your truck? Is it a pre-04 model?

You could also have loose or defective wiring in the OBDII port itself.

And, I need clarification - is the screen BLACK or does it light but you can't read the "print"? If it lights, you may need to adjust the contrast: [Menu]->[Display]->[Change LED Color]->Contrast].

Did you recently try to update firmware in the Gryphon? A blank green screen can be the result of a download failure during an attempt to update the Gryphon's firmware which causes the firmware to be erased and not updated. Now, the Bootloader has nothing to boot to, so the screen stays green with nothing else displayed. The vehicle is not at fault.

The cure is to reset a download which reprograms the firmware and calibrations. You'll have to contact PHP for this procedure.

- Jack
Old Sun, December 11th, 2011, 11:35 AM
Whopper

datrevino is on a distinguished road
Help green display

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackandJanet View Post
So, if the cigar lighter works, (not the "power point", which is a different fuse), then there is possibly a cable failure to the Gryphon. What year is your truck? Is it a pre-04 model?

You could also have loose or defective wiring in the OBDII port itself.

And, I need clarification - is the screen BLACK or does it light but you can't read the "print"? If it lights, you may need to adjust the contrast: [Menu]->[Display]->[Change LED Color]->Contrast].

Did you recently try to update firmware in the Gryphon? A blank green screen can be the result of a download failure during an attempt to update the Gryphon's firmware which causes the firmware to be erased and not updated. Now, the Bootloader has nothing to boot to, so the screen stays green with nothing else displayed. The vehicle is not at fault.

The cure is to reset a download which reprograms the firmware and calibrations. You'll have to contact PHP for this procedure.

- Jack
the screen stays green with nothing else display so tell me what to do next,let me tell you that i can't speak well due to an accident i had.

I appreciate if you tell bill about my case and if we can fix it without call,

thanks let me know.
Old Sun, December 11th, 2011, 12:51 PM
PHP Groupie

Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by datrevino View Post
the screen stays green with nothing else display so tell me what to do next,let me tell you that i can't speak well due to an accident i had.

I appreciate if you tell bill about my case and if we can fix it without call,

thanks let me know.
Try this: Adjust the contrast: [Menu]->[Display]->[Change LED Color]->Contrast]. When you move the "dot" into the box next to "Contrast", and hit <Enter>, you'll be able to change the contrast percentage there. Try moving it to a high value, possibly 90% if it is lower than that.

But, if you still can't read the text in the screen after that, it's probable that the firmware is corrupted. Bill has to set up a targeted download for you to fix it, and you'll need to talk to him to arrange that. I'm just a moderator here, and don't have the power to do this step.

- Jack
Old Sun, December 11th, 2011, 04:06 PM
Whopper

Help I can't adjuste it

Quote:
Try this: Adjust the contrast: [Menu]->[Display]->[Change LED Color]->Contrast]. When you move the "dot" into the box next to "Contrast", and hit <Enter>, you'll be able to change the contrast percentage there. Try moving it to a high value, possibly 90% if it is lower than that.

But, if you still can't read the text in the screen after that, it's probable that the firmware is corrupted. Bill has to set up a targeted download for you to fix it, and you'll need to talk to him to arrange that. I'm just a moderator here, and don't have the power to do this step.

- Jack
I can't adjust the contrast because i can't use any buttons.I need to call Bill to fix it.

Please transfer all the info of my case to him, in that way he knows what I am talking about when i call.

thank you for your help.
Old Mon, December 12th, 2011, 09:41 AM
PHP Groupie

Duh! Of course you can't (since you can't read anything on the screen)! Sometimes I amaze myself with my profound stupidity.

I'll leave a note for Bill on this, but, with Corey in the hospital, it's going to take time for him to get to your problem. Please try to be patient. Things are going to get "piled up", and you're just one more item in the "pile".

- Jack
Old Tue, January 3rd, 2012, 08:42 PM
Whopper

Help update

Quote:
Duh! Of course you can't (since you can't read anything on the screen)! Sometimes I amaze myself with my profound stupidity.

I'll leave a note for Bill on this, but, with Corey in the hospital, it's going to take time for him to get to your problem. Please try to be patient. Things are going to get "piled up", and you're just one more item in the "pile".

- Jack
Hi I hope corey is ok and she gets better.

I want to know if Bill returns to work already and if he can prepare the download to fix my programmer.

Please is because maybe I have to take my truck to the dealer and I don't want them to reflash my truck.

Let me know what is the status.

thanks.
Old Wed, January 11th, 2012, 04:15 PM
Whopper

Help new post

Quote:
Originally Posted by datrevino View Post
Hi I hope corey is ok and she gets better.

I want to know if Bill returns to work already and if he can prepare the download to fix my programmer.

Please is because maybe I have to take my truck to the dealer and I don't want them to reflash my truck.

Let me know what is the status.

thanks.
I put a new post in the Specific Support Issues ,I appreciate if you can help me .

thanks.
Old Wed, January 11th, 2012, 04:21 PM
PHP Groupie

Please don't do this, it just confuses things. I did not realize I just replied to your earlier problem with a "rehash" of what I've already told you. I'm going to delete that thread and will ask Bill again to review this one.

And, I see you have a 2008 truck, so this is probably not a cable issue.

- Jack
Old Wed, January 11th, 2012, 04:28 PM
Whopper

Clap thanks

Quote:
Please don't do this, it just confuses things. I did not realize I just replied to your earlier problem with a "rehash" of what I've already told you. I'm going to delete that thread and will ask Bill again to review this one.

- Jack
I am sorry about this is just because like I said all the info is in here.
if you have any questions just let me know,I appreciate your help.
Old Wed, January 18th, 2012, 09:06 PM
Whopper

Help update

Quote:

- Jack
hi I just want to know if you talked with Bill?