Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford F-150, Expedition, Navigator, Blackwood, Mark-LT, SVT Lightning and H-D Editions > 2004 to 2008 F-150 and Mark-LT

2004 to 2008 F-150 and Mark-LT 4.2L, 4.6L and 5.4L equipped F-150s and Mark-LTs

Old Mon, April 16th, 2012, 06:38 PM
Whopper

OC Dan is on a distinguished road
Default 2008 FX4 Gryphon

I bought a Gryphon monochrome off another member here (04-08 F150 Model). My truck is a 2008 FX4. Anything I need to worry about before plugging this into my truck? I read something earlier about HEX codes is why I am asking. Thanks!
Old Mon, April 16th, 2012, 07:47 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

You don't have to worry about it hurting your truck, so go ahead and plug it in.

If his truck was not reset to stock before he sold the Gryphon to you, it will not boot properly. If it IS at stock, it will boot and show you your truck's "hex" code which you should write down if you want custom tunes. If it still contains the custom tunes he had on it, it will not tune your truck and you'll have to use Pegasus to restore the canned tunes. If the custom tunes are removed, you should be able to load any of the canned tunes it has on it.

Have fun!

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Mon, April 16th, 2012, 09:15 PM
Whopper

OC Dan is on a distinguished road

I am assured it was returned to stock. Also, he told me he never purchased custom tunes for it, so the canned tunes are all it has ever had. Should I still do a Pegasus update when I receive it?

Side note, to return to stock you just select level "0" on the gryphon?

Thanks J&J. You are always prompt and very helpful!
Old Mon, April 16th, 2012, 10:46 PM
Grown-up in training!

ticopowell will become famous soon enough

Yup, if it has the 0 in the corner, or set to 0, stock, on the programming menu, then it should be good to go without you needing to do anything else to make it work on your truck.
Old Tue, April 17th, 2012, 10:27 AM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

And, unless you are having any "issues" with it, I would NOT try to update it with Pegasus. Bill creates updates to solve specific problems on certain programmers and the best advice is, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." I still have my old monochrome Gryphon and I have not updated it for at least 4 years.

If you don't get a User Manual with the Gryphon, you can download one here: http://www.gopowerhungry.com/manuals...02004-2008.pdf

- Jack