Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford F-150, Expedition, Navigator, Blackwood, Mark-LT, SVT Lightning and H-D Editions > 1997 to 2003 F-150

1997 to 2003 F-150 4.2L, 4.6L, and 5.4L equipped F-150s

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Wed, February 16th, 2011, 03:30 PM
Festivus Pole Dancer

Uncle is on a distinguished road
Default Gryphon and battery drainage..

Hey guys, just a totally satisfied Gryphon user here! I have a question. On occasion, i go out of town for 2 weeks at a time and leave my truck parked at the airport. The last time i came home, it was in the winter, so it was cold here, for Knoxville anyway. When i got to my truck, the battery to the truck was dead. My remote would not unlock the doors, nothing. I had to get a jump start.I double checked my interior lights, made sure i had not switched them on in the pre-dawn darkeness my flights always seem to leave. My headlights were not on, nothing i could find explainded my dead battery. I took it the next day and had the alternator checked and battery checked, no problems. Does the Gryhon continuously pull power from the truck even while it is switched off? Should i unplug the module from the OBD2 port if i leave the truck sitting for more than a week?

Thanks guys!