Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Sat, March 27th, 2010, 03:56 PM
Whopper

LongIslandSCREW is on a distinguished road
Default Did Someone Pull My Battery Cable?

Looks like you are OK Now but for anyone else out there here is my experience.

Ive had my gryphon since early January and its freakin awesome. I tell everyone about it and those that know - well they understand.

That said - As someone that cant leave well enough alone I showed everyone that was interested in seeing the difference between stock and level 3 how quickly it can be changed and how awesome 20 seconds of some computerization can significantly improve the trucks performance.

After 3 or 4 times of going back and forth between stock and level 3 and not much driving in between i experienced significant sputtering and very rough idle - Horrible performance and just a bad situation. I set it back to stock, drove about 5 miles (I live on Long Island so 5 miles on a saturday is about 20 minutes of driving). Popped it back into Level 3 and its been great since.

I would suspect they jerked around with it at the shop - gear heads like to see if stuff really works - maybe they put it back to stock and didnt know how to get it back to level 3?.

If there is ANY Chance they pulled the battery cable that might do it too - I recently installed a new Clarion DVD/Nav in my 2008 F150 SCREW and it took about 25 miles and a couple cycles to identify the PCM.(PS it also failed inspection - which in NY Screams PULL ME OVER!!!!)
Old Sat, March 27th, 2010, 10:57 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

For future reference.
When attempting to show off switching tunes multiple times in a day, please use a battery tender.
Also your battery disconnect may have caused a P1000 dtc witch is a failure during the inspection.
Also a loaded custom tune will pass a vehicle emission test.

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.