Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Sun, March 14th, 2010, 09:20 PM
Devon

rednoved is on a distinguished road
Default Questions about tire size and custom settings.

Ok. So my new tires should be here tuesday. I am going to a 305/65/18 BFG AT. My current custom tune should be for 275/65/18, which means I need to make some adjustments. What all do I need to adjust in the custom options, besides the tire size? What values automatically change as soon as I open the custom settings option?
Old Sun, March 14th, 2010, 10:26 PM
Triple Whopper with Cheese

JWBFX4 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rednoved View Post
Ok. So my new tires should be here tuesday. I am going to a 305/65/18 BFG AT. My current custom tune should be for 275/65/18, which means I need to make some adjustments. What all do I need to adjust in the custom options, besides the tire size? What values automatically change as soon as I open the custom settings option?
Nice choice on the tires. When you open the custom settings you will want to change the tire size and then confirm that the gear ratio is correct. Some times this defaults to a false place holder.
Old Sun, March 14th, 2010, 10:35 PM
Devon

Thanks for the reply.

Is that the only thing that defaults back? I thought I read that there was like two other things. I couldn't find a thread on it.

Any idea on what the tire size value would be for that size tire? Isn't there a chart or calculator on this forum?
Old Mon, March 15th, 2010, 05:23 AM
Gryphon CTS

shotgun will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by rednoved View Post
Thanks for the reply.

Is that the only thing that defaults back? I thought I read that there was like two other things. I couldn't find a thread on it.

GR and TS are the only things I know of... There are lots of threads on Custom Options. Here's the sticky: http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/faqs-gryphon-programmer/1101-q-about-gryphons-custom-options-menu-new-post.html

Any idea on what the tire size value would be for that size tire? Isn't there a chart or calculator on this forum?
I would start with 2614mm (4% squish) and then adjust up or down from there.

Edit: Here's another link...http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/gryph...tire-size.html
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2010-03-15 06-24-23.jpg (8.7 KB, 9 views)

Factory manuals here: http://www.motorcraftservice.com
Old Mon, March 15th, 2010, 07:57 AM
Forum Predator

Longshot270 will become famous soon enough

^ What they said.

Just make sure you click "Load Previous settings" so that nothing else gets messed up.
If you have pegasus that has a good tire size calculator in there. It's hidden in the gear ratio calculator, that'll help you get it close. If you have a GPS then you can get it perfect. Write down the tire size that you put in there then clear the odometer on the truck and GPS, drive at least 10 miles and then take the numbers and do this:
Truck odometer divided by GPS odometer multiply that by the tire size you were using. That'll have you dialed in perfect in no time.
Old Mon, March 15th, 2010, 01:46 PM
Devon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longshot270 View Post
^ What they said.

Just make sure you click "Load Previous settings" so that nothing else gets messed up.
If you have pegasus that has a good tire size calculator in there. It's hidden in the gear ratio calculator, that'll help you get it close. If you have a GPS then you can get it perfect. Write down the tire size that you put in there then clear the odometer on the truck and GPS, drive at least 10 miles and then take the numbers and do this:
Truck odometer divided by GPS odometer multiply that by the tire size you were using. That'll have you dialed in perfect in no time.
If I have just been using Bill's custom tune, I shouldn't have any previous settings right?
Old Mon, March 15th, 2010, 01:56 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

If you are using the custom option file with a custom tune for the first time then no I don't think you'd need to use load previous settings.
But anytime after the first time then yes use the load previous settings.

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.