Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Mon, June 1st, 2009, 09:06 PM
Whopper

TJ05FX4 is on a distinguished road
Default Couple Questions Regarding Updates & Current Update Status

For the past few days I have been checking with the update manager just to make sure everythign is current and see where Bill is at regarding the invoice #'s. Well everytime I hit the Current Update Status option is says:

Unable to locate serial number 1117. Please contact PHP for more information.

Does this just mean that it doesn't find it because there are no custom tunes ready yet or has my order not been looked at and entered? I have emailed Bill twice, but no response yet, so I thougth I'd check here.

Also, is anyone else having a hard time this evening with access to their server? Everytime I do any Pegasus or Gryphon update it says:

Unable to locate the update version file.

The Gryphon is connected, UAC is disabled, and this is Vista 32bit. Never had a problem accessing the update server before. Just curious if it was a widespread thing or not.
Old Mon, June 1st, 2009, 09:13 PM
Whopper

Ok solved one issue myself. Norton had somehow turned back ont he firewall protection against Pegasus, so I had to allow it and manually tell it to allow it through the firewall and now that works.

But I'm still stuck with this result when I look for Update Status:

"Attached device Serial Number 1117 was located.

Serial Number 1117 was not located on the server.
For further update information, please contact Power Hungry directly.

Current working invoice number is: 1642.
Update information was last updated on: 06/01/2009."

My invoice# is 1774 in case Bill or Corey look at this to make sure I am entered in the system correctly. I just don't want to be delayed at all for not having all my information to you.
Old Mon, June 1st, 2009, 10:07 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Now I'm confused, and I'm sure Bill will jump in here to figure things out. You have an "old" serial number! It should match your invoice number and it should have been taken care of long, long ago.

Are you sure your serial number is correct? If you check your serial number in the diagnostics menu, does it really say "1117"? If so, that would indicate that you got your Gryphon at least a year ago. Did you?

The invoice number you gave suggests you have only recently ordered tunes and gotten a Gryphon. When did this happen?

Let us know, please.

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Mon, June 1st, 2009, 10:50 PM
Triple Whopper with Cheese

JWBFX4 is on a distinguished road

Jack this is probably the reason since it is used http://dygytalworld.ehost-services13...read.php?t=913
Old Tue, June 2nd, 2009, 08:31 AM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Yes, that would make sense. So with the invoice number given, TJ05FX4, there's about 130 people ahead of you. Once your tunes are ready, Pegasus WILL find your serial number.

- Jack
Old Tue, June 2nd, 2009, 09:07 AM
Whopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackandJanet View Post
Yes, that would make sense. So with the invoice number given, TJ05FX4, there's about 130 people ahead of you. Once your tunes are ready, Pegasus WILL find your serial number.

- Jack
Thanks Jack. Yeah sorry I should have mentioned that. I got mine used from a member of F150online who just used it as a gauge monitor mostly and never had custom tunes done. It kind of threw me off when most people were saying that their serial #'s matched their invoice #'s and mine was so far different.

Thanks for the info though. I just wanted to make sure that's why it didn't find my serial # right now.