Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford Super Duty & Excursion > 1994½ to 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel

1994½ to 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel equipped F-Series and F-Super Duty

Old Sun, October 25th, 2009, 03:02 PM
Double Whopper

bamboo is on a distinguished road

so.. dont know whos all reading this.. But I broke one of the UVCH? connectors inside the cover, It was all melted together, Same one that had Oil on the outside..
I assume this is bad, What could cause this ??

And where can I get connectors? can I just splice and replace um ??

Mahaloz for any info here is one picture

-Patch
Old Thu, October 29th, 2009, 06:23 PM
Whopper

Big Bird is on a distinguished road

I would recomend going down to NAPA and picking up a new harness assembly. I cant remember which side is which on those plugs, but I think it is the glowplug side that crispied on you. how did the other plug look? they have a kit that replaces the whole kit and kabodle except you need to splice into the wire harness to replace the outside plugs.

Check your glowplugs while you are there to make sure they aren't the culprit and drawing to many amps.
Old Thu, October 29th, 2009, 08:40 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

For a minimal fee, I'll send you a good pair of valve cover gaskets and under-cover harness.

The connectors melted due to high resistance, either from oil intrusion or a loss of terminal tension.

I wouldn't splice those......

The dealer has what you need. It's not "cheap" but you won't have to worry about it happening again.
Old Fri, October 30th, 2009, 12:17 AM
Double Whopper

Mahaloz guys, I already payed the dealer

Got every thing back buttoned up, But Im still having BOOST issues !

Manifolds or should I say headers, are good, uppipes so far so good..
biggest mess I notice is the damn CCV leaking , Need to figure something out with that..
but I don't know where to begin to look now, Most the intercooler boots that I can access are pretty darn tight, I notice a little oil residue inside also from the CCV i guess ?

How can one test for boost leaks other wise? I've read about caping the intake side of the turbo and pressurizing the system? but still a bit confuse on that..
Old Fri, October 30th, 2009, 05:45 AM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

I googled it for you and the first hit was over at PSN in a thread you started today....HA HA. Looks like you'll get an answer over there.
Old Fri, October 30th, 2009, 08:32 PM
Double Whopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleatus12r View Post
I googled it for you and the first hit was over at PSN in a thread you started today....HA HA. Looks like you'll get an answer over there.
LOL I know..And the best part is, turned out I have no Leak, but a sticky waste gate on my new SD turbo

I assume its OK to run without the red tube connected to turbo? I was told to unplug and see if I still had turbo problems, and Bam! 26lbs of booosstt
which seems fair for my AD codes yeah ??

and also no more CEL, Did get a new set of tunes from Bill, with Upped ICP and timing, But I could set the CEL(not knowing what code) last night no problem,
but with the "red tube" removed from the turbo it runs fine, no CEL
can that be related ??
Old Sat, October 31st, 2009, 09:01 PM
TIT (Tuner In Training)

soutthpaw has a spectacular aura aboutsoutthpaw has a spectacular aura aboutsoutthpaw has a spectacular aura about

One benefit of having a GPCM not a GPR is it will throw a code if a glow plug starts to draw too much or not enough current. though when the GPCM goes kaput they are about $150 to replace... been there, done that!
Projects. 1970's Hustler and Max II Amphibious ATV's
Old Sun, November 1st, 2009, 02:54 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamboo View Post
LOL I know..And the best part is, turned out I have no Leak, but a sticky waste gate on my new SD turbo It probably has something to do with your older truck not having any means of control for the wastegate (since those trucks didn't have one). If you hooked the red line directly to the manifold (seeing boost pressure all the time), it will start to open the wastegate as soon as any boost is produced. The Super Duty trucks have a solenoid valve that inhibits any boost pressure from acting on the wastegate actuator until a certain boost level is hit under certain operating conditions.

I assume its OK to run without the red tube connected to turbo? I was told to unplug and see if I still had turbo problems, and Bam! 26lbs of booosstt
which seems fair for my AD codes yeah ?? Yes, you can run it without the red line attached.

and also no more CEL, Did get a new set of tunes from Bill, with Upped ICP and timing, But I could set the CEL(not knowing what code) last night no problem,
but with the "red tube" removed from the turbo it runs fine, no CEL
can that be related ?? The OBS trucks do not defuel under high boost conditions, but they will set an overboost code. My guess is that you are setting a low injection control pressure code.

Hope this helps. Good luck!