Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Minotaur Automotive Tuning Software

Minotaur Automotive Tuning Software Tune your own 7.3L Diesel! If you have a question or comment about Minotaur? Post it here.

Also, check out our Facebook group: Facebook - Minotaur Tuners

Old Sun, February 22nd, 2009, 02:10 AM
Built By Me

444smoker is on a distinguished road
Default Im a newbie to tuning

Hey everybody im wanting to get into tuning on my truck, I just finished building the motor in it and am going to get it broke in then turn my attention to tuning. Im running Jodys programing right now, but would like to be able to do my own programing, (nothing against jody great guy) How do you all like this software? Im thinking pretty seriously about buying the package just looking for a little input on it.

Robert
comp valve springs
Terminator HPOS
300cc Hybrids
GT42
Built E40D

500+ hp for now!
Old Sun, February 22nd, 2009, 08:52 AM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Corey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of light

Hey Robert! Glad to see you over here!

Not sure if you saw this post over on FTE, but it's by Jim Rose and he gives his opinion of Bill's tuning. The reason it's appropriate here is because with Minotaur, you also get a complete set of Bill's base RDT files for your truck.

Welcome to the forum!

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019
Old Sun, February 22nd, 2009, 09:45 AM
Built By Me

thanks Corey, One question would the base files that i get be set up for my big oil injectors and turbo to just get me into the ball park? Or would i be starting with a file thats a general tune for any stock OBS truck?

Robert
comp valve springs
Terminator HPOS
300cc Hybrids
GT42
Built E40D

500+ hp for now!
Old Sun, February 22nd, 2009, 09:51 AM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Corey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of light

Ah, I love when I can answer questions like this.

The base RDT files you get are not customized to heavy mods like Injectors, Big Oil (dual HPOP), Large Single or Twin Turbos, Power Adders such as Nitrous, Propane, & Water/Meth Injection, and Modified Transmissions. Bill can write them for you, specifically, but there is a $50 charge for each one.

What some customers have opted for are the base RDT files and then one custom file from Bill -- like an 80hp or 100hp -- so that they can compare the files and see what's been changed. This certainly would keep your cost down, and it seems to be a good solution.

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019
Old Sun, February 22nd, 2009, 10:05 PM
Built By Me

ahh i see that works then.

Robert
comp valve springs
Terminator HPOS
300cc Hybrids
GT42
Built E40D

500+ hp for now!
Old Wed, February 25th, 2009, 10:55 PM
Built By Me

with this software i can tune for my 96, question is can on of my friends buy a chip from you and we tune it with the same software? im sure we can i just dont know if you have to buy additional software for the differant pcm code that he has.

Robert
comp valve springs
Terminator HPOS
300cc Hybrids
GT42
Built E40D

500+ hp for now!
Old Wed, February 25th, 2009, 11:17 PM
Built By Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by 444smoker View Post
with this software i can tune for my 96, question is can on of my friends buy a chip from you and we tune it with the same software? im sure we can i just dont know if you have to buy additional software for the differant pcm code that he has.

Robert

I think i found the answer to my own question, $250 per RDT file (pcm code is what im understanding this to be).

Robert
comp valve springs
Terminator HPOS
300cc Hybrids
GT42
Built E40D

500+ hp for now!
Old Thu, February 26th, 2009, 10:04 AM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

I was reading what Corey had posted and I can see a place where there may be some confusion so I wanted to take a second a clarify.

The MDF files (which used to be RDT files) are not changed depending on whether you have modifications or not. They are what they are and are based on the vehicle's PCM family. What she was referring to was that when we send a definition file, we include some base calibrations along with it. These do not include tuning for injectors or any other major modifications. We can provide customized base files for an additional charge.

Other than that, you are correct. $250.00 will get you another definition file to use on a different family of vehicle.

Hope this helps.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Thu, February 26th, 2009, 12:15 PM
Whopper

John is on a distinguished road

Out of curiosity, how many MDF's are there?
Old Thu, February 26th, 2009, 01:47 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

There are dozens of .hex definitions....however, there are only about 8 that are worth having for 49-state applications. A few others for the California emissions models.

Take a look here....
http://www.thedieselstop.com/faq/949.../pcmcodes.php3
In the last column there is a "Template". Match the first 5 digits and separate them into groups....then count how many groups contain the same first 5 digits.

For example, AEB0, AEB1, 2, 3, and 4 are all DPC-461 computer codes. However, they each require a different RDT to properly make tuning adjustments because the "template" is different. In this case, it is common practice to use one RDT and corresponding base file to tune with. (I know, preposition at the end of the sentence is wrong!!) To make it more complicated, match the DPC-461 with any other DPC-461 and you can put an AEB3 tune in GDU0-4. As an example, it's common practice to use PMT1 in any DPC-422 PCM.

Last edited by cleatus12r; Thu, February 26th, 2009 at 02:04 PM.